Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Contract finished

Hi, My contract has finished so have been on the rolling 30 days for about 4 months know, Can I get a New contract as per New customer, or will I have to negotiate, as VM are the only supplier I can get the required speeds I want with, Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Contract finished

Hi Cj067,

You would need to negotiate a new contract as it's very unlikely you will receive a new customer deal. 

Maybe do a bit of homework too. Aside from VM's new customer prices look at competitors offers and prices, then armed with that you can inform VM what you are looking for and expect.

The Retentions team (Thinking of leaving us) can offer you a better deal than just going through with a regrade. They are there to solve issues and also prevent customers leaving, so they are on your side. It's not a hard sell, and if even you think the offer is a good one, politely ask if they can tweak it a little bit, maybe another fiver a month off? 

Offers can change on a daily basis, so if you don't get what you want you can also call back again, however you may not get as good an offer as the one you turned down, or it may no longer be available.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of cancellation  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues and choose the Thinking of leaving us option.

Best of luck in finding a package that suits your needs and expected price point.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Contract finished

Sound advice from @newapollo 

Some of my thoughts on the matter here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks