Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Contact Renewal -Customer Retention

Hi,

Is it just me or are Virgin not interested in retaining it's loyal customers anymore? My contact is up for renewal this month I currently pay £99, for the top package. When I ring to see what they are offering they say I should be paying £134 and the best they can do is £126. So I declined and decided to shop around and can get the package from Sky with everything I have got and more for £109. Looks like they will lose another loyal customer.

Has anyone else had this experience?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contact Renewal -Customer Retention

Everyone. Thats the way the market works ATM.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

How would it look to combine (say) a VM 200 Mbps + phone package with a Sky content but no broadband offer?

Might not be the cheapest possible option, but gives you fast broadband, little or no disruption, and you should get a good deal on the content as a new Sky customer?  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ah, here is another like minded customer.

I am in the same boat and have just posted a similar thread, £10 off is all I got even though I have been with Virgin since it came out. I very rarely look at my prices until the wife and I were looking into changing some of the things we spend on.

I also looked at the Sky offers and with their Xmas offer it does seem to be quite appealing, I guess we all have to vote with our feet and take our hard earned money elsewhere.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So I rang in July to see if they could reduce my premium (also been with them 20+ years), was offered £10 off/month but my bill kept going up, rang again in September, offered same deal plus refund for the months I had overpaid - bill still not reduced and no refund.  Sent in a complaint form online - ignored, complained using Resolver - ignored, complained to the CEO - ignored.  Terrible service.  They also put up barriers to leave, I don't know how much my services cost individually, I don't know how many channels I've got without manually counting them, so I can't get an alternate like for like quote.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

"I guess we all have to vote with our feet and take our hard earned money elsewhere."

I mean, this is how the system has always worked, you seem to expect some sort of discount for quite literally doing nothing 😛

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cezza_B, 

Thank you for your post. 

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing problems with your package and price. 

I would like to take a look in to this a little further so I am going to pop you over a private message and we can go from there. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

if they have to retain you with a deal you are not loyal

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@cezza_b - https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles as well https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/virgin-tv-channel-guide

BigBig + DramaBiggerBigger + MoviesUlt. Oomph.

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

apcyberax: if they have to retain you with a deal you are not loyal

So you keep saying.  But that doesn't make it true.  Loyalty isn't bending over a barrel regardless, it is the product of a mutually beneficial relationship where both sides feel they are treated fairly (something Virgin Media have no understanding of).

But, hey, if you want to pay the maximum amount that VM dare to bill you, for the minimum, most feeble and unreliable package they can rustle up, then please feel free.  Given our previous exchange in which I pointed out that connection, hardware, acquisition and other up-front costs are long amortised for long standing customers, you still don't seem to accept that.  By extension, I presume that you think the only "loyal customers" in the mobile phone market are those who generously keep on paying a full fat handset+airtime rate when the contract has ended and the handset is fully paid?

0 Kudos