Menu
tinaaliceclarke
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Call out Charge

I have no idea which board to stick this in.

So I rang up about another matter and mentioned that in a storm the box cover outside had blew off and away. They said they would send someone out to put another cover on. I said is there any charge? They said no.

I get an alert from my bank that the amount from virgin is way higher than expected. So i take a look and ring up. The guy on the end ...it was hard to make out what he was saying. However, he told me that he would have to escalate the problem. No one has got back to me. He said something about letting the bill go through and then i would be refunded. That is not acceptable.

I am not going to be charged £99 for someone to walk up to the cover put it on and walk away 20 seconds later. I could have done that you could have sent me a new cover or I could have done without quite happily. IF YOU HAD TOLD ME IT WAS GOING TO COST £99!!!!

So I will be ringing up again tomorrow .. however I thought i would try here first.

I thought there was no charge to fix virgin media equipment (partly why I don't have sky where you have to pay (or get an insurance for it).

So what's going on?

Tina

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Call out Charge

You're quite right that the maintenance (incidentally including accident damage though that's not relevant here) of VM's kit up to and including the hub is the responsibility of the company.  The £99 is for non-fault call outs, for example moving the hub or repositioning an otherwise safe and secure cable.

I'll flag this for the forum staff as it looks like a clear error. 

If they can't help then you'd need to invoke the complaints policy, which is slow and tedious.  If that took more than eight weeks (VM complaints handling is slow and unsatisfactory at the best of times), you'd be within your rights to escalate to the industry arbitration scheme CISAS where VM will either have to concede or be "found against".  It really shouldn't come to that, if it does, then feel free to post again for any guidance that might help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

tinaaliceclarke
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

thanks ...

I forgot to mention that when i got my text reminder it said that they would be coming to connect me. The person that came didn't seem to think that was what he was there for. So to my mind its an admin error.  I have been here two years that is not what they were coming to do.

The thing is....I had rang up to ask about a reduction and I had been very worried about ringing up .. just hoping for the four quid i got last year...the lady gave me £19 off ...well she gave me £9 off and i was going on and on about how grateful i was and how she made my day and that i was worried about ringing up .. well she knocked another tenner off .. as you can imagine I was so happy. My husband is disabled and he has been in and out of hospital so this was a bright moment. Anyways ... i was coasting on this for a while then i got the alert... it was a big shock... I totally wish I hadn't mentioned the cover at all, she said anything else I can help you with and I remembered the cover and since they didn't have to come inside...so this has put a damper on the whole thing.

thanks again

Tina

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tina,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry for any confusion around replacing the Omni box ( the box on the outside of your wall)  to replace this there is no charge at all, so I can help with this, I will send you an invite into a private chat, I will send this shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos