cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2023 customer sevice

AliJD4
Tuning in

I have been a VM customer for many years. In the long ago past I would have given them 5* for customer service.

I have just spent nearly NINE hours over two days trying to sort my package and get the monthly charge changed to save money as it had crept up to £110.75. Being out of contract they had offered me a couple of deals at £94 and £84 but couldn't find any reference to this email!  0345 454 1111 or 150 just doen't work for the customer as you just get Agent/bots and endless hours of waiting 'in a queue'. I was transferred to WhatsApp!! When I did get someone she completely misunderstood my requirement, decided she couldn't help and transferred me to Customer Relations....another long wait. The operative I ended with did get it sorted but it was so protracted I ended feeling incredibly stressed. No wonder there is a dissatisfaction of 90% (official).

They are excruciatingly slow and obviously overwhelmed with queries. At no stage did I speak to someone which, in my opinion, and from past experience would be far quicker. 

VM/O2 need to sort customer service out. Whoever is in charge doesn't have a clue or just doesn't care. I do have personal experience in business as an MD so know inefficiency when I experience it.

Shop around, make your decision on reviews and cost. If you decide to leave VM write to them (they make it impossible to cancel online/by phone). Google an online proforma (not theirs) to help you with it: Virgin Media, Sunderland SR43 4AA

Good luck

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Recent posts like your one have really highlighted how badly VM seem to be struggling recently to answer calls and chats within reasonable timescales. It does seem particularly severe at the moment for some reason (maybe the numerous "oops" error messages and dead links currently littering the self service bits of the website are a factor here) . 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM are a very big business, and as such are out to make money.  They offer lots of "new" customer deals, and are quite happy to churn over customers leaving etc.  It's nothing personal  😉

As for cancelling, a recorded delivery letter is the way to go.  VM are already being investigated by Ofcom for cancellation problems.  Virgin Media investigated over cancelling problems | thinkbroadband

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks. Stating the obvious and it's no excuse/not taken personally just hoping others may glean a little help from mine and others awful experience. Forewarned and all that. I read all the Ofcom and other info. It's good to share

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Recent posts like your one have really highlighted how badly VM seem to be struggling recently to answer calls and chats within reasonable timescales. It does seem particularly severe at the moment for some reason (maybe the numerous "oops" error messages and dead links currently littering the self service bits of the website are a factor here) . 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).