cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error when attempting to activate netflix

johnmunn1
Tuning in

another thread to say that I am another user who cannot activate netflix which is supposed to be included in my package.

this has been ongoing for months, very similar to this post https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Volt/Unable-to-activate-Netflix/td-p/5102968/page/2

https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/package/manage-streaming-services shows nullNetflix popup when i click the activate link then this error message:

"Sorry, something’s gone wrong! We’re having some technical issues. Please try again later."

18 REPLIES 18

Hi @johnmunn1,

Thanks for your patience whilst this was with IT. We've had some notifications that these issues should be resolved now. 

Can you please log in to My VM here. Once logged in, there should be a Netflix tile. Click on this and let me know if that allows you to activate your free Netflix. 

Please pop back here and let me know. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath, 

I'm still getting the same error.

It shows this first of all

johnmunn1_0-1670927095580.png

and then a yellow error

johnmunn1_1-1670927148719.png

so it still seems to be the same?

Hi Tom

All sorted - my wife logged in on Virgin using our other Netflix account name and then when logging out the option came up to add password for Virgin Netflix account.

Cheers

Rob

Hi johnmunn1, 

Thanks for coming back to me and letting me know things are still not resolved for you. 

I have confirmed this to the teams to let them know you are still having an issue. Once I have a new update - I will come back to you. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, I am getting the same 'something went wrong' error when attempting to activate Netflix. Both from the email link and the 'Activate Netflix' button within entertainment services. Have been trying for a couple of days, but always the same result. Screenshot below.

Thanks,

John

Screenshot_20230420_181556_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Johmurra67 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing issues with the activation of your Netflix service. Can you try to activate this via a different browser or in Incognito/Private Browsing mode?

What happens when attempting to use the link directly in your email?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece, thanks for your reply. Yes, I have tried on different browsers and different devices, including my desktop. Also tried on several devices through the link in the email. Just now I tried on incognito mode as you suggested. Unfortunately I always get that same error.

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Johmurra67,

Thanks for getting back to us.

What I would like to do is invite you in for a quick private message which I will send to you now. If you haven't used our private message feature before you can access this via the purple envelope in the top right of your screen. 

Speak to you soon. Joe

Good Afternoon,

Apologies, for jumping in mid-thread. In mid-March, I changed my Virgin Media package – moving to the Ultimate Volt Bundle, including Netflix Standard. 

I never received an activation email, plus – when I go to 'Entertainment Services' > 'Activate Netflix' in My Virgin Media – I get the following error message:

"Sorry, something’s gone wrong! We’re having some technical issues. Please try again later."

Please may somebody advise? I've tried speaking to staff on multiple occasions, but it has always been fruitless.

Thank you.