cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error when attempting to activate netflix

johnmunn1
Tuning in

another thread to say that I am another user who cannot activate netflix which is supposed to be included in my package.

this has been ongoing for months, very similar to this post https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Volt/Unable-to-activate-Netflix/td-p/5102968/page/2

https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/package/manage-streaming-services shows nullNetflix popup when i click the activate link then this error message:

"Sorry, something’s gone wrong! We’re having some technical issues. Please try again later."

18 REPLIES 18

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Offering a service, taking an order and failing to deliver it (for months on end) is a breach of trading regulations.  Maybe time to contact Citizens Advice?

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi johnmunn1

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the activation issue. Is this when clicking on the email or when in your online account please?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I specifically gave you the url so you could see where it was.

The error is on the Entertainment Services page when I am logged into my online account.

here is the URL again Your Package | Virgin Media

Can you send us a screenshot of this happening please?

best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

johnmunn1_0-1666967183276.png

screenshot as requested

Hi johnmunn1, 

Thanks for coming back to us with the screenshot. The URL's don't help us or show us anything I'm afraid as we would need to log in to your specific account to see what you're seeing which is why John asked for the screenshot. 

It looks as though we will need to raise this with the IT Team to resolve but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi johnmunn1, 

Thanks for sticking with me via private message. 

I'm glad I've been able to help get things sorted for you. 
As soon as I have an update on the IT Ticket, I will come back to you. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

wirerob
Joining in

Getting exactly the same message - been upgraded over a week now

wirerob_0-1669317782207.png

Hi @wirerob, thanks for your post here although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised regarding Netflix.

I do apologise for this, can you confirm if firstly you've received the email regarding Netflix activation?

Many thanks

Tom_W