cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charged for broadband upgrade

Jeppy
Tuning in

I am a volt customer yet i was charged for my broadband speed upgrade?

I thought being a volt customer the upgrade was free?

4 REPLIES 4

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jeppy,

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the community. 

We are sorry to hear you have received an unexpected increase to your package.

Had you previously opted in for a the Volt package via your O2 account prior to increasing your broadband?

Which broadband package did you have before and what has it increased to please? 

Thanks, 

Nat

i was previously on m500 and asked for it to put up as i was an o2 customer, i didn't realise that the price would increase, i understood i had to pay for the new modem though. the speed was increased to 1gig and the price increased from 41.05 to 48.05

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Jeppy,

The Volt benefits would get applied automatically and increase your speed and provide the other benefits usually around 14 days after your get both services. If you rang up and spoke to the team about upgrading they may have upgraded you before the benefits had been applied and thus created a charge. I would like to have a look into this with you, for me to do so I will need to confirm some information in a quick private message.

Joe

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Jeppy,

Thanks for having that private chat with me, glad we could go about getting everything resolved with you, if you do require anything further or have any questions, do let us know and we will be happy to assist.

Joe