cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi pods. One at a time. Seriously?

xls999
Joining in

I have just upgraded to Volt 1gb and expected 3 * WiFi Pods.  Instead I got a Hub4 delivered.  

I am not complaining but called to ask if tye pods could be delivered.  I was told that I have to receive one then call for another one and call again for the third one. 

Seriously?  I suppose if you are in  a flat maybe only one is needed and thus is a way of keeping Virgin's costs down.  But if a customer wants 2 or 3 I wonder they cannot ask for that number? 

Can a Virgin moderator explain or help?

3 REPLIES 3

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's to reduce the abuse of people just asking for 3 for free just because they can.

Most houses only need one 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @xls999 

Why tie up stock of pods that may not be necessary and leave a shortage of pods for those that do need them?

At one time if you wanted/needed a third pod it had to be installed by a VM tech.

I might ask for 3 pods but only require 2.

Another customer may not need any at all  but because they are "free", and FOMO they order them.

Then another customer orders 3 but only needs 1. 

Then another customer tried to order  a pod(s)  but there's no stock left because people that don't need them have them.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I used to get that all time time with the old boosters, demanding 3 when infact it would have had a detrimental affect in their house just because they are free