cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi pod

TandSW
Joining in

Hi,

Joined Virgin broadband a few weeks ago and joined Volt as I'm an o2 customer also. Our broadband keeps buffering when using the broadband in the bedroom which is furthest from the hub, which when you have a fast package is disappointing. Our house is quite old and has very thick walls.

We've used the app to test the wifi speeds and it has been a mixed bag. How do we get 1 of the wifi pod's please?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi TandSW 

You need to perform the Home Scan using the Connect app in the area where the signal is low(est) or as near to there as possible.  The home scan feature will guide you from room to room to carry out WiFi speed tests. If it finds a potential signal-less spot, it’ll test your broadband speed to the WiFi Hub to make sure there isn’t a problem with your network.

If everything’s okay with the Hub, the app will take you through to order a WiFi Pod to help boost your WiFi connection.

How to perform the scan and order the wifi pods when using the Connect app.

• Tap Start the scan and then  
  • While connected to WiFi, Tap "I’m ready " and then wait a couple of minutes for the scan  to complete, and then tap Continue 
  • Tap Add a room, and at on the room you're in, then Start the Scan (do this in every room) 
  • When the scan is complete tap Optimise WiFi now if the options shows as that will try and improve the connection in the current room 
  • When it shows Optimisation complete, tap Rescan room,  tap Start Scan  and then you can click on Order a WiFi Booster if it shows as an option

If that doesn't work you can call  0800 064 3850 to order the first one

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey TandSW,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your connection and need one of our pods, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L