cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi pod

sensen69
Tuning in

I'm a volt customer and I got this WiFi pod and when I got it they said I can have up to 3 max but only one at one time to see if the connection had improved but it hasn't and also I think the one I got is faulty as its never fitted into a plug socket ive just not had time to finger out why or ask about it I did Tey ring one time but they had no clue apparently please can some one get back to me and exsplain how I get the 2nd one or replace the one I already have 

7 REPLIES 7

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey sensen69, thanks for posting and a warm welcome to our community.

We're sorry to hear of the issues with your Wi Fi Pod, we'd love to best assist with that.

As a Volt customer you're entitled to our Wi Fi Max service without any extra cost, please view here for more details on this.

When adding a pod, this needs to always connect to the mains wall socket and not extensions.
The Pod may take 1-2 minutes with the blue light on, then once this turns off the Pod is connected and ready to go.
Once it's working, you may plug it off and move it to a room at half way distance between hub and low signal spot/room so it can boost the signal there.
For troubleshooting your Pod to see if a replacement is needed, you may do this via the Connect App.

You'll also find the set up process to follow and pair up the Wi Fi Pod to your hub on our first link above (Wi Fi Max) as well as how to order one using your Connect App or logging to your online account.

Please, have a read and run the diagnostics on our App. You can try scanning the house for more weak/blind spots so you see if you need a second pod added on.
If we detect an issue with coverage, you'll be given the option to place your second pod order online.
In case we identify your first pod used is not connecting or has a fault, our app will provide the option to place an order for Pod replacement respectively.

Let us know if the above helps and how you get on, happy to assist further where needed.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

No its not that I no its broken its faulty the plug its self is bent like its been that way since I got it I need a new one or a replacement that's what I'm saying 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for this reply, the diagnostics can be done on the Connect App and if your pod is faulty this will give you the option to replace or fix it.

Please, try this and let us know how you get on.

Also, can you confirm how you know it's faulty?
Cheers,

Adri
Forum Team

Ino its faulty coz sence it got delivered the plug its self was damaged and bent and dosnt fit in to the plug socket properly 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @sensen69,

Thanks for coming back to us about this ongoing WiFi Pod issue. I can see that you've been in touch with us about your WiFi Pods since your last post.

Can you confirm if you've been able to have a replacement sent out, or if you need any further assistance?

Let us know so that we can help further if needed. 😊 

Thank you!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

No im still waiting no one has resolved this for me I need a new one sent out ive been trying to sort 8t for pat year 

In this case, I will send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team