cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Pods

PaulF1969
Joining in

How do I order Virgin Wifi pods to cover the blank spots in my house?

We have blank spots in the house and I can see I can order upto 3 pods for free in my package - but I cant see how to do this?

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @PaulF1969 

You will need to contact Customer Support.

You can call 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile (free call) or 0345 4541111 from any other phone (landline rates) It's best to call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could also text VM on 0753 305 1809 or use WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112.
Please be aware that replies aren't instant from either of these services but the agents will reply as quickly as they possibly can.

A member of the Forum Team may pick this up for you in a day or two.

It would also be a good idea to make a post with your hub stats in the Networking-and-WiFi forum.

There are a lot of tech guru's on that forum that can look into your issues but when posting the hub stats they need the full details from the Router Status page. So please  copy/paste 3 FULL sets of data onto here (not screenshots) – from the Downstream, Upstream, & Network Logs pages. 

Have you separated the SSID's in your hub to differentiate between 2.4G and 5G?  It can help make the signal stronger.

The 2.4GHz band is a stronger signal but slower than 5GHz so if you have problems on 5GHz change to 2.4GHz.

This section details how to separate the 2 bands if you haven't already done so:-

Open a browser and log into your hub 192.168.0.1 - then navigate to the following settings so you can differentiate between the signals.

Advanced Settings > Wireless > Wireless Signal > click on Disable Channel Optimization  at the bottom then  click on Apply Changes. 

Now go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security > Add a 2 to the end of the 2.4GHz Channel name, then further down add a 5 to the 5 GHz Channel name  and click on Apply Changes.

You can leave the passwords the same as they are.  Then log out of the hub at the top of the page

You will need to reconnect all you Wi-Fi devices some will want to connect to 5Ghz and some to 2.4GHz and some will connect to either.

You could also do a search for an app such as wifi analyzer which tells you the strength of the channel you are connected on, and also shows other channels so you can decide if you want to change the channel number on your hub

Advanced Settings > Wireless > Wireless Signal >  beneath both the 5Ghz and  2.4GHz sections click on the manual button, and in the drop down box click on the channel number you want to change it to, then scroll down and  click on Apply Changes.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @PaulF1969,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm really sorry to hear you're facing some problems with your Wi-Fi connection recently. I can see that @newapollo has offered some suggestions. Have these helped to improve things for you at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!