cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Pods and Volt

Cedge1
Joining in

We have just signed up to volt and its showing on our account (fastest available in our area).

How do we get the pods? as neighbour has just put Virgin in and getting clashes.?

Many thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to call in and request them 0345-454-1111

Not sure what you mean by clashes. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Cedge1 

Do you mean that your neighbours wifi is interfering with yours?

You could perform a search for an app such as wifi analyzer which tells you the strength of the channel you are connected on, and also shows other channels so you can decide if you want to change the channel number on your hub so it's not as close to your neighbours channel.

Advanced Settings > Wireless > Wireless Signal >  beneath both the 5Ghz and  2.4GHz sections click on the manual button, and in the drop down box click on the channel number you want to change it to, then scroll down and  click on Apply Changes.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I've tried that but I can't change my channels to a clear one. He has been set on a wide range of channels.

djr_uk
Up to speed

anyway to order wifi Pods without having to call up? the app tells me i have wifi blackspots etc. i can send screenshots of it....do i really need to go through the helpline and probably wait 2 hours....

Hi Cedge1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you've been having an issue with your WiFi connection since your neighbours were installed. You can indeed request a WiFi pod from the team and if you have a Volt package then it would be free to add the service on. You can only request the pods one at a time though. 

I am happy to get the first one ordered for you but will need to pass data protection with you in order to get the first pod added. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi djr_uk, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with blackspots. 

As mentioned above to the OP, we can order 1 pod for you but will need to pass data protection to get this service added. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @Cedge1, I have now ordered your WiFi pod for you and you should be getting this by the end of the week and Yodel will be in touch with the tracking details closer to the delivery date.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @djr_uk

I have arranged for your pod to be sent out to you and this should be with in the next 3 to days. Yodel will get in touch with a two hour slot on your delivery day.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thank you!