cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi booster problem

Mostus
Tuning in

Hi,

I was supplied with a pair of WiFi boosters by Virgin a number of years ago but they now appear to have given up the ghost. I cannot find the original setup sheet so as I can try to get them working again and all of the current guides only relate to the more modern devices. Does anyone remember how to set these old booster up?

Thanks in advance Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Mostus,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your boosters, can I ask are there flashing lights on the affected ones?
Let us know,

Kain

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Paul,

Is this what you're looking for?

https://assets.virginmedia.com/help/assets/documents/Virgin_Media_Booster_setup.pdf 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply but I think that my WiFi boosters predate the ones that you referenced as my units only have a vertical row of lights and no buttons or switches of any kind. The base unit adjacent to my Hub 3 is directly connected  and with all of the lights showing green, I would expect that they are working but my WiFi signal in my living room stays exactly the same, whether they are turned on or off. 

Paul

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Mostus,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your boosters, can I ask are there flashing lights on the affected ones?
Let us know,

Kain

Hi Kain,

Sorry for the delayed reply, I didn't realise that you had joined the conversation. 

As said before, the boosters that were supplied by Virgin a few years ago have probably four lights in a vertical row, all are solid on and none of which flash at any point in time. Recalling back to the time, there was a set-up sequence to get them working but I cannot find the instruction sheet that was originally supplied with them or any reference to them anywhere within the Virgin help pages or online generally. In short, I don't know whether they have become faulty or just need setting up to work with my Hub3 again? I am just going around in circles.

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide,

Paul

Thank you for letting us know @Mostus 

To best understand and help with this query, are you able to send us a picture of your current WiFi boosters here?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.... I will take and post a photo when I get home tonight

Paul

Hi again,

I have attached two photos of my existing Netgear powerline boosters to this message. I hoped to post this earlier but it would appear that there have been some major issues....

Paul

PaulIMG 1.jpgIMG 2.jpg

Hi Mostus,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, the images you provided look to be our old powerline adaptors, we no longer support or offers these, instead we now have our WiFi Max which comes with up to 3 Pods, in order to get these you would need to run a blackspot check Via our Connect App.

Regards

Paul.

Hi and thank your for your reply. 

I have used the Connect App numerous time over the last weeks with very mixed results. In the room where my hub 3 is located and close adjacent rooms, I have no signal problems at all. My main issue is that from my living room or kitchen, which was why I was issued the old powerline extenders some years ago. The Connect App now only finds my HUB occasionally which makes me believe that the old extenders have malfunctioned or need to be set up to the Hub 3 again following a series of power cuts that our area experienced in early March. When the App can find the hub, I get a speed of between 20 - 21 Mbps in the two problem areas but when the app cannot find the Hub, it just sends me around in circles advising me to check cables etc, which I know are all ok because I have a good connection nearer the HUB location.

I appreciate any help or insight as to fixing my problem and I look forward to any reply...

Paul