cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will i get the Netflix credit?

hatchethk
Joining in
  • I've recently changed my package to the ultimate volt package & was promised a Netflix credit. I was told I'd get an email with a link to activate the credit but I haven't had any email. 

I've seen on many recent posts that this is an issue, but hoping someone from Virgin can give me a solution that will not involve waiting indefinitely on the telephone trying to get through to customer services.

Regards.

11 REPLIES 11

Tractorboy
Rising star

Good luck with a solution from Virgin.

We have been waiting nearly two months for a solution and look like waiting a lot longer.

Join the club!

@Tractorboy and indeed everyone else impacted by this.

You are keeping records of all communication with VM detailing what was said, what was promised, screen shots of the website showing what you believe you were due, and what actually happened with dates and times; aren’t you!

Invaluable evidence when the inevitable escalation of this to CISAS and OFCOM happens! 

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi hatchethk

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry for the confusion over the Netflix offer. it's not a credit, it just comes with the bundle you'd be on if that's what's been offered. Have you received any emails at all relating this? Can you also check any spam and junk folders.

Lastly, can you sign in to your online account - virg.in/myVM - then on the homepage when signed in, one of the tiles should be Netflix, with an activate button. Is that there?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John_GS

I have not received any emails since changing my package regarding the Netflix credit.

There is a manage Netflix button after going through streaming services on the My Virgin media app but it does not do anything when pressed. 

The Netflix credit is listed as part of the package I signed up to which I have email confirmation of.

I would like this resolved as quickly as possible.

Regards.

Hi John_GS

Further to the previous message, the confirmation email of my package states Netflix Standard is included as part of the deal. When I signed up to the deal I told your colleague that I had the Netflix UHD service already. He said that I would get an email on how to apply the discount (the difference between standard & UHD packages) 

This is becoming very frustrating as I feel that maybe I have been misinformed & or mis-sold the package.

Regards.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for coming back @hatchethk.

What credit was you promised sorry? For the standard Netflix it should be free, anything other than that would have an additional charge.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I know the standard Netflix should be free, that's understood. Like I said previously I've already got a UHD subscription with Netflix. I was told that I would get the standard subscription cost for free from Virgin included in my package & have to pay the extra cost for the UHD, the difference being about £5.99. This was as I was told to be communicated to me via an email.

My question remains why have I not had any communication on how to proceed with getting the standard free discount?

I've had no emails from Virgin regarding anything related to getting the standard cost for Netflix included in my account or how to apply it so I only have to pay the difference.

Please advise further.

Many thanks. 

Screenshot_20220523-215057_Samsung Internet.jpg

This is a screenshot from the Netflix help page for Virgin customers with an eligible package clearly stating I should get an email/SMS that contains an activation link!

You are in the same position as many many others still waiting for the elusive email.

I have now been waiting two months !! , and there is no clue as to when this problem may be fixed.

Join the club!