cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is a 72 hour call back not a 72 hour callback,

jeffwest2
On our wavelength

So have a long running complaint, IT ticket about the lack of netflix access, last week I was told the following after having to have a third complaint open as they keep being closed.

it can take up to 72 hours for a manager to reach out over a complaint.

She will reach out I was only speaking to her about it this morning. Thanks 

Guess what!! still waiting, so question, when does the clock start and end, is this in doggy hours, is this a stardate, is this 72 hours, but based on another clock and not the normal one, maybe Pluto time (247 earth years to go round the sun)

Who knows, maybe someone from VM support can let me know.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In recent recorded history, there has never been a verified incident of a VM customer ever getting a valid and useful call back, despite many promises, oh, unless it's a marketing call to sell you more stuff!

Nobody is going to 'reach out'; to you or indeed call you back (as the rest of the human race refers to it as) - the promise is a standard call centre technique to get the valued customer off the phone so they can chalk up another closed call and move on - got to keep those stats and bonuses up!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

NinjaMeerkat
Fibre optic

In all the years I have been with Virgin Media (20+) I have never had a call back!

Been with them about the same, had one, 15 years ago,

In recent recorded history, there has never been a verified incident of a VM customer ever getting a valid and useful call back, despite many promises, oh, unless it's a marketing call to sell you more stuff!

Nobody is going to 'reach out'; to you or indeed call you back (as the rest of the human race refers to it as) - the promise is a standard call centre technique to get the valued customer off the phone so they can chalk up another closed call and move on - got to keep those stats and bonuses up!

jeffwest2
On our wavelength

Oh so, unfortunatly true. Never said I was expecting it, just saying I was promised and got the, as expected, nothing.

If you've got multiple long running complaints, why keep complaining and expecting a different outcome?  Clearly ignoring or fobbing off the complaints is working a treat for VM, so they'll keep doing it.  

As long as at least one complaint was raised over eight weeks ago, involve CISAS.  If that eight week requirement isn't met, then you too can "reach out" to Virgin Media, rejecting any resolution email or letter they've sent and asking for a deadlock letter.  When you've got a deadlock letter you don't need to wait eight weeks.

So, thought I would update everyone om this, seems my 72 hour callback became a week before a PM, this PM told me they were very sorry for all the issues and they would work to get this resolved, on Thursday I was told it would be fixed in 5 days, hey, guess what, nothing, and not even a PM or call to let me know that they are breaking yet another promise they have made to fix this, oh, and according to the user profile of the person who told me they would keep on eye on my account, they have been offline since Monday.

All round big thumbs up for the continued poor service from VM, couldn't think of a better way to show this.

Yours,

Very **bleep** off from the South West.

Another update from me, yet another week has gone by, and yet another week of sitting on my hands trying not to pick up the phone and scream at the first person who answers (after the required 2 hours on hold) that I want this sorted out.

Another week after being told, 'I will follow this up for you', and you never hear another word about it.

Yup, the continued minus 5 million stars for the customer service does VM proud.

Still naffed off from the South West, and getting more so with every passing day.

Ah, ticking clock that spells out, Nothing to see here.

As you would expect, still nothing by way of an explanantion as to why 10 days after i was told to wait five days and it would all be fixed, it isn't, can't say I am surprised by that, or the lack of contact to explain 

A) Why not contact

B) Why no resolution

Still, I sit and wait, 

Thumb twirler from South West.

Hello jeffwest2,

Thanks for your post. 
Sorry to hear about the no call back and the Issue with Netflix still not being fixed.
I can look into this for you. 
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L