cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens - free upgrade after contract runs out?

lojelo5
Superfast

I was asked this question the other day but couldn't actually give them an answer.

When your current contract runs out and you have had a supposed free upgrade from 500mb to 1gb via the volt supposed free upgrade. I am only asking this because many of us didn't sign up for the Gig1 package so why should we be forced to pay the Gig1 prices when our current contract runs out?

Does this mean we have to pay the free upgrade price or drop back down to our original speed!!

Yes we can haggle but why should we have to when virginmedia gave us a free upgrade.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

2 REPLIES 2

carl_pearce
Community elder

@lojelo5 wrote:

I was asked this question the other day but couldn't actually give them an answer.

When your current contract runs out and you have had a supposed free upgrade from 500mb to 1gb via the volt supposed free upgrade. I am only asking this because many of us didn't sign up for the Gig1 package so why should we be forced to pay the Gig1 prices when our current contract runs out?

Does this mean we have to pay the free upgrade price or drop back down to our original speed!!

Yes we can haggle but why should we have to when virginmedia gave us a free upgrade.

M500 and Gig1 are essentially the same cost so the only bump in price would be based on the loss of your new customer discount, not the speed increase.

@carl_pearce wrote:

@lojelo5 wrote:

M500 and Gig1 are essentially the same cost so the only bump in price would be based on the loss of your new customer discount, not the speed increase.

It would be your non discounted package price (from original contract where they show you this) + any price increases thus far for that package

If you haggle via retentions say 20 days before contract expiry as an example, they should do the haggled offer price based on your PRE-VOLT package speed (taking into consideration the CURRENT price of that package as of now) and then VOLT it up afterwards, assuming your O2 SIM is still active.