cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait for Virgin Volt benefits

milbers
On our wavelength

My 2 mobiles were ported to O2 today and all the Volt benefits offered by O 2 were immediately available. My question is why Virgin take 2 weeks or more to apply their Volt benefits such as a broadband speed upgrade? This is typical of the incompetence of Virgin and no explanation is given why there is a delay. Can anyone enlighten me?

6 REPLIES 6

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @milbers,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused by the time taken for Volt benefits to be applied. It can take up to 14 days for O2 and/or Virgin Media benefits to be applied as will also be detailed on the confirmation screen when you opt in via your My O2 online account. This is for the systems to recognise the match and then apply the benefits.

If more than 14 days have passed since you've opted in, let us know and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

milbers
On our wavelength

Thanks Zach. 

My point was that O2 immediately applied my Volt benefits. If they can why can't Virgin?

milbers
On our wavelength

Just an update on this. My contract was due to end in the next few weeks so I have had to negotiate a new deal to avoid a massive rise in payments. The best I was offered meant I had to change down from 350mbs to 250 mbs for my broadband. The deal was reasonable so I accepted and guess what? The broadband speed was reduced immediately. Why does it take so long for the volt increase in speed to take place. Also I am assured that when my VM volt benefit kicks in my speed will increase to 350mbs again. Any comments please from the forum team.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi milbers, 

Thank you for your reply. 

When providing the guideline for the time taken for the benefits to be added, the business will have taken in to account the admin side of the changes and also the time taken for the system to update correctly. 

The 14 days guideline is just that and the change can take effect anytime within that time. 

Thank you, 

Nat

milbers
On our wavelength

Ok Thanks Natalie. I hope to get my Volt benefits in the next few weeks

milbers
On our wavelength

I have now received Virgin volt broadband speed increase thankfully. Thanks to forum team for enlightening me regarding situation.