cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI pods

LFC383
Joining in

Good Afternoon,

Has the virgin media connect app been updated recently so that you can no longer order the WiFi pods via it.  Before I had volt added to my account I could see the option to order WiFi pods but required signing up to WiFi Max at £8 a month. 

Now that I've had volt added to my account the option to order WiFi pods to my account due to WiFi blackspots in two areas of the house has disappeared from the virgin media connect app.

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi there @LFC383 

Sorry to see you are having problems ordering the wifi boosters. 

Please can you try using the Connect app again to perform the Home Scan in the area where the signal is low(est) by performing the steps provided by @John_GS  (Forum Team) in how to order them when using the Connect app.

• Tap Start the scan 
  • Then Start the scan again 
  • While connect to WiFi, Tap I’m ready 
  • Wait 2 mintues for Scan 
  • Scan complete, Tap continue 
  • Tap Add a room, Tap the room you're in 
  • Start the Scan (do this in every room) 
  • Scan complete 
  • Tap Optimise WiFi now if an option 
  • If so, Tap Optimise 
  • Optimisation complete, Tap Rescan room,  Tap Start Scan 
  • Tap Order a WiFi Booster if an option

If that doesn't work you can call  0800 064 3850 to order the first one 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Morning @LFC383 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the Connect App. When you have done the scans in the rooms of the property, what was the result please?

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Good Morning,

The signal is fluctuating, so the two problem areas are the kitchen were its been as low as 4Mbps but normally sits at about 10-15Mbps.   The main issue is one of the bedrooms which is the furthest away from the router, this is normally around 5 - 10Mbps but the signal often drops out completely and have to rely on mobile data.

Does this help?

Thanks for confirming, just to check. When the followed the steps to order a Pod, what happened? 

Let us know, we're always happy to assist.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

I don't get an option to order a pod it just says that the WiFi is poor and gives a helpful hint of increasing the speed which doesn't really help when the signal is dropping.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming LFC383.

With this being the case we would be happy to take a look from our side and look in to ordering the equipment for you. 

I am going to pop you over a private message to take a few details. This will be available via the red bar at the top of the page. 

Thanks, 

Nat