cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt upgrade

Mn4
Joining in

Hi I initially ordered m125 broadband. My service started 26th September. Just after activation I realised I wanted to move to a volt account and via virgin media chat, ordered a volt SIM card. This arrived a few days later and I ported my number. Both services are working well and my sim package is described as volt o2 sim unlimited…….

however I haven’t received the speed boost on my broadband.

how do I get this activated? I tried calling but was advised to go to 02 website and claim by upgrade, which isn’t what I need. My broadband account is still showing as m125 and my speed tests reflect this.

5 REPLIES 5

sayekm
Fibre optic

Like yourself I also purchased a O2 SIM later and had the number ported. 

I called O2 customer service and explained about Volt deal. They took my Virgin acount ref to confirm both O2 and Virgin are registered at same address. Next day the internet speed was upgraded from M250 to M350 and the O2 data doubled from 30GB to 60GB. 

The options you get on the app is for the welcome reward such as 3 months free Disney

----------------------------------------------------------
M125 Volt powered by TP-Link Archer AX55

I see, that’s interesting. I actually ordered the SIM card via virgin, which I wasn’t sure I could do, but it was arranged quickly via quick chat session and does have the double data. 

So virgin managed to get the O2 bit sorted properly and quickly, but don’t seem to have passed the info internally to get my broadband speed increased. 

and now I realised I thanked you for a helpful reply and am worried if the mods think I don’t need help 😄

I’ll wait a few more days and post again if needed.

Mn4
Joining in

Posting again since I inadvertently flagged a reply as a solution….

Hi I initially ordered m125 broadband. My service started 26th September. Just after activation I realised I wanted to move to a volt account and via virgin media chat, ordered a volt SIM card. This arrived a few days later and I ported my number. Both services are working well and my sim package is described as volt o2 sim unlimited

however I haven’t received the speed boost on my broadband.

how do I get this activated? I tried calling but was advised to go to 02 website and claim my upgrade, which isn’t what I need. My broadband account is still showing as m125 and my speed tests reflect this.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mn4 wrote:

Posting again since I inadvertently flagged a reply as a solution….

how do I get this activated? I tried calling but was advised to go to 02 website and claim my upgrade, which isn’t what I need. My broadband account is still showing as m125 and my speed tests reflect this.

That is easily remedied by yourself.

Click on the dropdown menu icon in the top right hand corner of the post you marked, and in the dropdown screen click on Not a helpful answer (screenshot  below)

Not helpful.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thankyou. I’ll be aware of that for next time. I thought that having a post in answered status might mean it  wouldn’t get any attention from the virgin media people. I’ll leave it like that and hopefully this new one will get noticed.