cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt upgrade zzz

kirdovada
Joining in

Have spent 6 days on the vm WhatsApp chat trying to explain to at least 3 different departments that at our home address we have both VM & O2, but under different account names. Every time, I get either passed to another dept, or get told I have to either close the VM account and open a new one (returning all equipment, etc), or buy another new O2 sim under the same account name at the VM.

Has anyone had any joy side-stepping this? Losing the will to live trying to explain it over and over again on WhatsApp.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the rant!

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @kirdovada 

The info below is from https://www.o2.co.uk/help/volt-virgin-media-o2/how-to-get-volt-benefits 

How do I apply for my Volt benefits?

If the name on your Virgin Media broadband account matches the name on your O2 mobile account, your Volt benefits will be added automatically within 14 days. This will happen unless you were already a customer of both before 18 October 2021. In this case, you'll need to go into My O2 to activate your benefits.

If your broadband and mobile accounts are in different names, or the names don’t match (eg Chris and Christopher), you’ll need to activate your Volt benefits in My O2, and they’ll be applied within 14 days.

You'll also need make sure the address on your O2 account matches the address on the Virgin Media broadband account, whether it’s in your name or someone else in your household. If they don’t quite match, you can edit your address in My O2.

If you’re unsure, you can check in My O2 seven days after you’ve placed your O2 order. If you think everything's correct and still aren't seeing the options to activate your benefits, give us a call on 202 from your O2 mobile.

Find out more about supercharged benefits from Virgin Media and O2.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Kirdovada 👋 welcome to community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about these difficulties getting support with your VOLT benefits.Thanks to the community for their advice with this - As they have already correctly suggested you should be able to activate VOLT benefits via My O2 👉  O2 | Accounts | Sign in | if you have services registered at the property (even if they are under different account holder names!) Have you been able to try activating this way? 

Please let us know if you continue to have issues or if the benefits are missing 14 days after being applied so we can offer further support! Thank you for your patience in the meantime. 🌞

Molly