cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt speed boost - where art thou?

aak1492
Tuning in

Received the confirmation email from O2 on August 12th that my Volt benefits were active on that side of things, and looking at my account details on the O2 site confirms this.  As with so many other customers however, I too must add my voice to the cries asking where the corresponding broadband speed boost is hiding itself, because on the VM side of things I remain stuck on M500 even though the postcode checker indicates that Gig1 is available here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @aak1492 👋 Welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see that your Volt benefits are missing on our end. If they are active on the O2 side, this means that they have been accepted. We may just have some information missing on our end that will need correcting.

I'll send you a PM to confirm your details so I can check to see if this is indeed the case.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @aak1492 👋 Welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see that your Volt benefits are missing on our end. If they are active on the O2 side, this means that they have been accepted. We may just have some information missing on our end that will need correcting.

I'll send you a PM to confirm your details so I can check to see if this is indeed the case.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

zarathustra
Dialled in

I'm in exactly the same boat. I have the m500 package, which is not a 'volt'-tagged one. I say this as others have been complaining that they've been barred from the increase as their package has 'Volt' in the title. Madness, I know... 

--
zar 2k19 - ULC Minister
Certified Word Police Officer - Details Detail

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, zarathustra.
Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear of the Volt related issues, we'd love to help where we can.
Could you please confirm if you've activated your Volt benefits on MyO2 app and still haven't received your speed boost on the broadband?
If so, how long has it been since you did this and have you contacted our teams to assist with the issue before your post?
Eager to know more so we can help out.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

aak1492
Tuning in

Thanks to Nathan poking and prodding my account data into shape behind the scenes, my Volt speed upgrade (along with the new Hub needed to make use of it) is now up and running.  It's a shame the whole migration to O2 and introduction of the Volt benefits seems to have gone wrong for so many of us, but at least getting it resolved requires only a small outlay of effort and a little bit of patience.

Hi Adri_G,

I have activated my Volt on O2 & it's been over a fortnight now.

Thanks,

zarathustra

--
zar 2k19 - ULC Minister
Certified Word Police Officer - Details Detail

Hi @zarathustra thanks for your reply, sorry to hear this.

Is this still the case? If so, please let me know and I can invite you to a PM to look into this further for you.

Many thanks

Tom_W