cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt speed boost to Gig1

newtonuk
Joining in

I have the Volt benefits being applied to my account from Sunday 21st May and that means that I should receive a speed boost from 500mb to Gig1.

I'm currently using a Hub 3, do I need to order a Hub 5 or will Virgin automatically send me one?

VM support on WhatsApp don't seem to think I need to upgrade my hub. Is that correct?

7 REPLIES 7

grumpywurzel
Dialled in

You might need to ring up and check, I was on a 350mb tier (I think) and when I upgraded to the 1GB service, I was given the Hub 5 automatically. I was told that the Hub 3 wasn't compatible with the faster speed, but then you can't always tell if you are being told fibs

newtonuk
Joining in

I "chatted" with another person this morning who told me something completely different to the person I chatted with yesterday. Yesterday's representative said they could see my order but mentioned nothing about a hub, but that Hub 3 would work fine. Today's representative said they could see my order and a Hub 4 had been ordered and will be delivered within 14 days of the request being made, which falls on this Sunday.

It's fair to say I have no faith in either response.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @newtonuk 

Thanks for your response and sorry to hear about the confusion.

You would be liable for the speed increase and just to make things clear, the hub 3 is fine for 500mbps speeds so a Hub 4 would not be required. If one has been ordered by our team this would not be an issue either 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@Travis_M but my post says that I'm going from 500Mb to Gig1, so how would a Hub 4 not be required if the Hub 3 can only go to 500Mb???

This has to be one of the most frustrating things in dealing with Virgin Media, either people don't listen or read, or you get an answer that in itself doesn't make any sense.

You do indeed require at least a Hub 4.

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Hi @newtonuk 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. Apologies for the confusion. Have you received the new Hub since posting?

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I have, a Hub 5, so I have no idea what the second person I spoke with was looking at.

As the representative said on Sunday, the “request” was just to activate Volt benefits, no upgrade order is included in that request.

it sounds like a simple thing to get right, but absolutely frustrating for the customer when time after time they hear different, usually incorrect, information.