cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt broadband

Kaleem71
On our wavelength

Hi, i have the volt 350 broadband with the wifi pods. As i have an o2 sim looking to move away from the network do i lose the wifi pod at all?

3 REPLIES 3

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Kaleem71, thank you for reaching out and to answer your question you would lose the benefits a few days shortly after.

With this however you would keep the Virgin Media benefits but in your case loose the O2's one. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

So i wont lose the wifi pods that i have?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Kaleem71 

The wifi pod is free as long as you have the O2 sim (Volt package or Gig1 broadband). If you cancel the sim then you will need to pay an additional £8 per month if you want to keep the wifi pod.

The info below is from the  https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max?  page

If you have our Gig1 Fibre Broadband, Ultimate Oomph package, or any Volt package, WiFi Max is included at no extra cost, which gives you access to our WiFi guarantee.

If you have M50 - M500 Fibre Broadband (without Volt), you can add our WiFi guarantee with WiFi Max for £8 a month, and you’ll also receive the first WiFi Pod.

If your speed still hasn’t improved with one WiFi pod, simply re-test your speed on the Virgin Media Connect app and if recommended, you can add another WiFi Pod for free. You can have up to 3 Pods.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali