cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt broadband boost contract

wackyraces
On our wavelength

Hi

I purchased an O2 SIM only deal in December 2021. My O2 and Virgin broadband accounts matched and the Volt boost was applied.

I've checked my broadband account and noticed that the account states the contract for broadband doesn't end until 20th June 2023. This would therefore mean that when the Volt was applied it was done as a new contract for 18 months

My original contract for broadband was due to expire on 20th June 2022. I'm now unsure as to what to do as my bill will go up significantly in June 2022 according to my account.

Could someone assist at all?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Was the boost applied through O2 or Virgin? 

Your present  BB contract should not alter at all.

Mine was through O2, and apart for the speed going to the next level nothing else has changed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Was the boost applied through O2 or Virgin? 

Your present  BB contract should not alter at all.

Mine was through O2, and apart for the speed going to the next level nothing else has changed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

wackyraces
On our wavelength
It was automatically applied through O2 after a few days. I never noticed when checking my bills that the contract date had changed.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Think you need to talk to Virgin then as that is definitely wrong.

wackyraces
On our wavelength
Thanks for confirming. Will speak with Virgin and find out what has happened.
Thanks for your help

Have been on chat and adding volt has entered me into a new 18 month contract I have been informed. I certainly would not have added volt had I know this.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@wackyraces wrote:

Have been on chat and adding volt has entered me into a new 18 month contract I have been informed. I certainly would not have added volt had I know this.

I would question that. Nowhere I can find anything to say that happens

Going to flag this to the team here 

wackyraces
On our wavelength
Thanks for your help with this, much appreciated

Hi there @wackyraces, welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see you have had issues with the contract showing as incorrect since having the Volt benefits added on. This is something I can certainly help with. I will send you a PM to confirm your details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Have responded by PM, thank you.