cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt benefits and wifi pods

lisaleon1296
Tuning in

I have received confirmation from O2 that I have Volt benefits applied, but not from Virgin Media. As part of the Volt benefits, I'd like to order 2 wifi pods. I have called the Virgin Media customer helpline but was passed to O2, who has now passed me back to Virgin.

Please can someone respond to this and put this order through for me.

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @lisaleon1296 

When were the Volt benefits applied by O2?

Info below from https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Volt/Volt-Megaguide/td-p/1541963 

O2 and Virgin Media will contact you separately when your Volt benefits have been applied, these will come through at different times and could be on different days. Virgin Media confirmation usually comes after O2 and it can take up to 14 days for the Virgin Media speed boost to be active on your account.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi, I had confirmation from O2 on the 11th August, nothing since from Virgin Media. Not too fussed about the speeds being applied at the moment, I'm more interested in getting hold of two wifi pods. Also disappointed/annoyed at the customer helpline rep putting me through to O2 customer service helpline after 30+ mins on and off-hold rather than looking into it and sorting it out at their end.

Hi @lisaleon1296,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you were having issues trying to get in contact with us and verify your volt benefits. We can understand the frustration and want to best help. We can also assist with ordering wifi pods. I have sent you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Glad to hear this @lisaleon1296.

In regards to the wifi pods, we can only order them one at a time after assessment. You can find all you need to know here

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/intelligent-wifi. You can also place the order there. Please let us know if you need any further help 🙂

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello Akua_A again,

I don't understand your message.

As part of the Volt benefits I should be able to order up to 3 wifi pods. The link you provide takes me elsewhere to something completely different. Now that the Volt part has been resolved, please can you arrange the order of 2 wifi pods?

Kind regards,

Lisa

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Lisa,

The link that @Akua_A is the correct one.

If you scroll down the page and look under  FAQ's > How do I order Wifi Max  it explains how to order the pods by using either the Connect app, or via My Virgin Media. See below ..............

How do I order WiFi Max?

WiFi Max brings you our superstrong WiFi guarantee backed up by our Intelligent WiFi service and signal-boosting mesh WiFi Pods at no extra cost with Gig1 Fibre Broadband, Ultimate Oomph and our Volt packages, or for £8 a month with one of our M50 to M500 packages without Volt.

If you’ve got Gig1 Fibre Broadband, Ultimate Oomph or one of our Volt packages, you can place an eligible order for your first mesh WiFi Pod on free Virgin Media Connect app. Or if we find there are no faults with your broadband service, but you’re still experiencing slow speeds, you can order a WiFi Pod online – just run a test on your services first.

Check your broadband service

If you’re adding WiFi Max with one of our M50 to M500 packages without Volt via the routes above, we’ll provide your first WiFi Pod automatically once your order’s been confirmed.

If you need a second or third Pod, sign in to My Virgin Media, click on Your Package and follow the steps in the WiFi Max tab.

Sign in to My Virgin Media

You can also order WiFi Max or get a second or third WiFi Pod, through one of our accessible contact options, if you need to use these.

EDIT - Just to add they will only send out one at a time, and there must be an interval of at least one week before a second order will be accepted

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali