cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt alternative

evaporator
Dialled in

My package will come to an end in January. I appear to be still on the volt package I was coned into 18 months ago. After a nightmare with O2 I got rid of the Sim and now just have a basic tv package and broadband. That’s all I need going forward. I’m very worried about renewing anything that says volt as it’s associated with O2 and so I want a package that doesn’t involve a sim . Just want an ok internet speed and basic tv. Is this possible?

1 REPLY 1

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @evaporator 

There are plenty of pckages available without Volt (the O2 sim) however most agents will try to upsell to the Volt packages as part of their job remit.  Just be firm and state you don't want the sim add on (even though it can save you money on some packages).

Since you just have the basic TV and phone package it might be beneficial switching to either broadband only, or the Virgin Stream package which is basic TV over the internet - see https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/stream 

There are other TV packages listed on << this page >>  some of which don't require the sim card. Note that the lowest prices shown are for new customers, you would need to negotiate a new deal between that and the out of contract price.  Also on that same page, scroll down and under the Legal Stuff heading click on the Offers drop down section.  This lists all current packages and pricing.

I suggest that you speak to retentions (thinking of leaving) and see what price you can negotiate around 30 days before your current deal is due to end. . They are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents.

Hopefully you can then negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract. Or failing that you can place your cancellation with that team.

The quickest contact method is by calling either 150 from a VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali