cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt O2 sim not receided

Dhurba
Tuning in

I upgraded my virgin broadband M125 to Volt Bundle with 18 month contract on M250 broadband and O2 sim 100gb via Virgin app on my mobile phone on 12th Aug 2023. I still have not  got the O2 sim card. Tried calling O2 and they can't find my order details. Virgin rep activated my Volt contract yesterday 24th Aug 2023 with wrong amount. I called today to rectify the contract and find where my O2 sim card is. Now Virgin have amended the contract ONLY for virgin broadband but transferred me to O2 to inquire about mobile sim. Guess what! O2 rep still has no details about my order. I have been transferred between O2 and Virgin reps 3 times now like yoyo with no solution. Looks like VOLT thing is a mess. Can someone with some authority please help me sort this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dhurba
Tuning in

Update: After calling both virgin and o2 and waiting for 6 hours in total trying to explain and find my contracted sim, I gave up.I dropped my bundle deal and got a new separate contracts for sim only plan from O2.

•  Warning to people trying to get O2 sim from the link in Virgin App _Your CSS ( contract summary sheet )  generated after the purchase might not be forwarded to O2 system. Hence, your order will not be actioned on the O2 system and they cant find your order when you call them.
  • Although the initial contract was for 39.00 ( 24 for broadband and 15 for O2 sim as per CSS). When the contract was activated on 24th Aug, 39.00 was charged just for Virgin broadband (not both broadband and sim contract).
  • I hope this helps for people not receiving their sim cards if you upgraded to volt bundle sold via ving media app.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Dhurba
Tuning in

I am having the same the problem. I upgraded my virgin broadband to volt with 18 month contract  on broadband and O2 sim 100gb via virgin app on my mobile phone on 12th Aug 2023. I still have not  got the O2 sim card. Tried calling O2 and they can't find my order details. Virgin rep activated my volt contract yesterday 24th Aug 2023 with wrong details. I called today to rectify the contract and find where my O2 sim card is. Now Virgin have amended the contract ONLY for virgin broadband but transferred me to O2 to inquire about mobile sim. Guess what! O2 rep still has no details about my order. I have been transferred between O2 and Virgin reps 3 times now like yoyo with no solution. Looks like VOLT thing is a mess. Can someone with some authority please help me sort this issue?

Dhurba
Tuning in

Update: After calling both virgin and o2 and waiting for 6 hours in total trying to explain and find my contracted sim, I gave up.I dropped my bundle deal and got a new separate contracts for sim only plan from O2.

•  Warning to people trying to get O2 sim from the link in Virgin App _Your CSS ( contract summary sheet )  generated after the purchase might not be forwarded to O2 system. Hence, your order will not be actioned on the O2 system and they cant find your order when you call them.
  • Although the initial contract was for 39.00 ( 24 for broadband and 15 for O2 sim as per CSS). When the contract was activated on 24th Aug, 39.00 was charged just for Virgin broadband (not both broadband and sim contract).
  • I hope this helps for people not receiving their sim cards if you upgraded to volt bundle sold via ving media app.

Hi @Dhurba thanks for your post here in the Community although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here regarding your Volt SIM sale.

It is true that the contracted amount you receive is solely from us at Virgin Media (so the £39 which would be stipulated on the contract), and then an additional amount from O2 which you would have received if the SIM had been processed correctly from our side, which it sounds like it sadly wasn't.

We will feed this back internally but we are glad this has now been resolved by you speaking to O2 and receiving a pay monthly SIM from their side.

As you have this, you will automatically receive your Volt speed boost from us within 14 days, as long as the SIM is registered to the same address your Virgin Media services are.

Many thanks

Tom_W