cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt Broadband Upgrade

italophile
Joining in

Hello,

I have a problem that VM seems to be deliberately ignoring. FYI I logged a complaint yesterday because it doesn't fit any of the prescribed options in My Virgin Media so I was at a loss where to turn. VM duly responded by confirming my account details (which I already knew) and promptly closed the complaint - at least, I can no longer see it in my account. I had specifically asked VM to investigate the matter below but there was no mention of this in the email notifying me that the matter was resolved as far as they were concerned.

I have been a Virgin Media customer since March 2021, and I bought an O2 SIM with a new number on April 1st. According to this link (https://www.o2.co.uk/virgin-media-o2) I am entitled to a free Volt boost of my broadband from 500M to 1Gig - but this has not happened.

The Volt benefits have been applied successfully to my O2 account i.e. my data allowance has been doubled, so O2 has clearly identified that I am indeed an existing Virgin Media Customer. However, Virgin Media has failed to link my new O2 mobile account to my Virgin Media account, as can be seen in the "My Package" section of the website. 

As I stated in my complaint, I suspect that that the issue may be that my Account Details in My Virgin Media contains my old mobile number whereas it should contain my new O2 number. However, if I try to amend the number, I get the message "Sorry the changes you made were not saved, please try again". This is an issue at the VM end, as I get the same result whether I attempt this in a web browser or in the mobile app.

After much effort I finally managed to get through to someone on the VM customer service line this morning, but she was completely unhelpful and insisted that the problem lay with O2. If this is the case, why have the O2 Volt benefits been applied successfully? She passed me on to the O2 helpdesk, but this operative didn't even know about the Volt offerings so she put me on hold and went to talk to the Sales team. The final flourish was that I was subsequently cut off. 

Therefore I went back to the O2 shop where I bought the SIM and asked them to check from their end, which they did. They were adamant that everything was set up correctly on their side, which tallies with the fact that they managed to apply my Volt upgrades successfully on their end.

I still can't update my mobile phone contact number in my account details (I just tried), and a paranoid person might begin to think that VM were deliberately blocking my communications because I tried to raise a second complaint a little while ago, but that seems to have failed too because I haven't received an email acknowledging receipt as I did yesterday.

The VM service is great when everything is working properly, but the strong impression I'm getting is that VM has zero interest in resolving issues when they don't fit into the neat boxes that they have set up for automated support. I hope that this Community can prove me wrong.

3 REPLIES 3

zoktolk
Just joined

You are completely correct. VM has no idea/intention to spend money on improving customer experience. Otherwise, customer support would be in the UK or Europe not where it is.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello italophile, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

We are very sorry to hear of your experience and apologise for any delays in getting this matter resolved. 

I would like to look in to this further from our side so I am going to pop you over a private message to take a few details. 

This message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi italophile, 

Thank you for joining me on private message. 

I am very happy we have been able to help get this matter resolved. 

Please reach out if we can assist in the future. 

Thanks, 

Nat