cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt Benefits downgrade to 2nd Highest Tier then get boosted?

andy2510
On our wavelength

Hi

I apologise if this has been answered before.

I haven't had my mobile transferred over to O2 yet, and currently I'm in no rush to do so (seeing as O2 sim-only deals seem a lot more expensive then Virgin Mobile Sim-only, I can wait until I get moved over by Virgin!). However, I am already on the top tier of broadband - the 1Gb/s one. As this can't get boosted any higher, it'll seem I'll be paying more for this speed than someone on the 500Mb/s service who gets boosted via Volt.

So my question is - once I get the O2 changeover notification, would I be able to downgrade my 1Gb/s service, and then get boosted back to it whilst saving money, or would I be stuck at 500Mb/s as I'll be downgrading after the notification comes through?

It may be a while before I get notified of the change but thought it'll be best to research this in advance!

Best regards

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello andy2510

Thanks for posting your Volt query in regards to your Virgin Media and Virgin Mobile package, we appreciate you raising this via the forums.

We aren't able to make changes to packages via the forums but in regards to your query there is no reason you couldn't lower your broadband tier to then be boosted back via Volt. We can't confirm whether there would be a cost difference as package offers change regularly so would need to speak to the team in regards to this.

When you are notified of the change to O2 If you can give the team a call on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 option 1, option 4 then option 4 this will get you through to the contracts team who will be able to look into this further for you.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello andy2510

Thanks for posting your Volt query in regards to your Virgin Media and Virgin Mobile package, we appreciate you raising this via the forums.

We aren't able to make changes to packages via the forums but in regards to your query there is no reason you couldn't lower your broadband tier to then be boosted back via Volt. We can't confirm whether there would be a cost difference as package offers change regularly so would need to speak to the team in regards to this.

When you are notified of the change to O2 If you can give the team a call on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 option 1, option 4 then option 4 this will get you through to the contracts team who will be able to look into this further for you.

Rob

andy2510
On our wavelength

Thanks Rob.

Once I get the notification I will do that.

Best regards