cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt Benefits Not Eligible For Double Speed

ruswit
On our wavelength

Hi

I am with Virgin for my Broadband + TV and o2 for mobile - I was originally with Virgin's Oomph package, and was pushed to take this new set up, with the volt benefits explained to me.

My o2 double data is working fine.

My broadband speeds haven't been doubled (it has been a few months). A virgin rep just told me in a DM "As you have agreed to the 125 Volt broadband speeds this is what you will get. The Volt benefits don't apply if you have agreed to Volt broadband"

Can anyone enlighten me? I have asked them a few times to be pointed in the direction on their website that says I cannot get my speed doubled but haven't got an answer.. My contract says I have Volt M125 broadband.

Why would a package specifically with Volt in the name not be eligible for volt benefits?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

unisoft
Well-informed

@ruswit wrote:

Hi

I am with Virgin for my Broadband + TV and o2 for mobile - I was originally with Virgin's Oomph package, and was pushed to take this new set up, with the volt benefits explained to me.

My o2 double data is working fine.

My broadband speeds haven't been doubled (it has been a few months). A virgin rep just told me in a DM "As you have agreed to the 125 Volt broadband speeds this is what you will get. The Volt benefits don't apply if you have agreed to Volt broadband"

Can anyone enlighten me? I have asked them a few times to be pointed in the direction on their website that says I cannot get my speed doubled but haven't got an answer.. My contract says I have Volt M125 broadband.

Why would a package specifically with Volt in the name not be eligible for volt benefits?

Thanks!

100% correct. If you got a VOLT labelled package - your speed is already included in the package. You get no additional boost because it has already been factored into the price you agreed to.

You would have needed to have a non-VOLT labelled package and then obtained or have an O2 SIM where VOLT would apply between 7-14 days after taking it. Then you would be moved up to the next BB tier unless already on the current highest general available BB tier which is GIG1.

ruswit
On our wavelength

Sure.

Seems we have another case of the retentions person on the phone saying one thing but the reality is another.

@ruswit wrote:

Sure.

Seems we have another case of the retentions person on the phone saying one thing but the reality is another.

In most cases, you are nearly always better off getting a non-VOLT labelled package and getting either the cheapest SIM or one with data allowance you want from uswitch.com. You generally will get more data than the VM VOLT package offer which gets doubled anyway, and then the BB speeds goes up 7-14 days on your VM non-VOLT package.

This is what I did - got the 500mbps on offer, then got a SIM via uswitch.com which had 40GB of data for £10 instead of VM's 10GB data. Because I then had VM plus O2, VOLT applied to the O2 side and 40GB became 80GB and VM 500mbps became 1gbps.

ruswit
On our wavelength

I worked out the uswitch o2 sim bit a few weeks ago, and have since gotten a WAY better deal there, which is great.

Annoyingly I was told by my retentions rep that my 125 pack would give me volt benefits - they failed the mention that this didn't extend to broadband speed increases, which was obviously one of the reasons why I went with this in the first place.