cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt Benefits - New O2 Contracts

wackyraces
On our wavelength

Hello

I have been with O2 and Virgin Media for quite some time. I am currently in contract with Virgin Media but was out of contract with O2 for the 3 SIMs on the same account that I have.

When I first joined O2, Volt benefits were applied. During that time my contract with Virgin Media expired and I negotiated a new contract. As my O2 contracts had expired, I took out on the 16th June, 3 new 12 month SIM only contracts.

I would like to know / confirm if Volt benefits will apply to my O2 / Virgin Media.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @wackyraces thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here regarding your Volt benefits not being applied.

It is correct that if you are on a SIM only contract with O2, you will still receive the Volt benefits even though you are on a new deal.

You may need to activate the Volt benefits via your My O2 account, click on Apply Benefits and this should be active within 14 days!

We hope this helps.

Many thanks

Tom_W

wackyraces
On our wavelength

Hi Tom_W

Thanks for confirming the Volt benefits will apply. When I check on O2, I get the following,

Thanks for your interest in Volt. There could be two reasons you're seeing this page. Either your Volt benefits have already been applied, or you can't get Volt at your address. Find out more below.

Your Volt benefits may already have been applied
You may not be able to get Volt at your registered address

I assume I'll have to wait for the 14 days, which is fine.

Will I receive the Volt boost for my broadband at all? I'm currently on 500Mb and have a hub 3.

Thanks
Dean

Hi @wackyraces thanks for your reply here.

So with the 500mbps, what you should receive when you have a Volt speed boost is be boosted up to the 1GB tariff.

Further details will follow when your Volt benefits apply and details should follow via email.
Any issues though, please let us know!
Many thanks

Tom_W

wackyraces
On our wavelength

Hi

The volt benefits have applied to my O2 contracts so all 3 now have double data.

Will I be notified about the Volt benefit for my broadband. I only have a hub 3 which cannot support the next speed up. Will this be changed to the Hub 5? Will an engineer be required to do this?

Thanks

Hi @wackyraces thanks for your reply, that's great news.

It can take up to 14 days for the benefits to arrive on the Virgin Media side of things, so what will happen is you'll get an email when this is applied.

Usually, it is just a simple Hub swap (either to a 4 or 5), for 1GB benefit boosts. This is a quickstart install, which means the Hub will be posted to you and it's just a simple case of swapping the two over.

We hope this helps and if you need any further assistance, please let us know!
Many thanks

Tom_W

wackyraces
On our wavelength

Hi Tom_W1

It has been 14 days (by my calculation) and have not heard anything from Virgin as to my Volt for broadband. Could you advise who I contact to check if Volt can be applied.

Thanks

Thanks for the update @wackyraces, and I'm sorry to hear that the Volt benefits have not been added to your Virgin Media account.

I'd be happy to have a look into this for you.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn