cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt Benefits - Download speed upgraded but upload speed the same?

KB5725
Tuning in

Hi all,

Can a member of staff help at all?

I have VM Broadband (M350) and phone and my son has an O2 contract SIM, all registered to the same address, so we were both eligible for the "Volt Benefits".

A few days ago, I was upgraded from the M350 plan (contracted) to the M500 plan (Volt), my cable modem automatically rebooted, and my download speed has been updated accordingly. However, my upload speed is still stuck at 35Mbps, and hasn't changed to the 52Mbps that it's supposed to be.

Can someone help with this? (I did call customer support, but they kept suggesting WiFi signal fixes and intermittent issues in the area, which is totally unrelated to this account-related issue). 

a.pngb.pngc.png

8 REPLIES 8

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi KB5725 👋 welcome back to the community forum!

Thank you for posting. Sorry to hear about your concerns regarding your speed upgrade. 

Having had a look into this for you it does look as though the upgrade has gone through fine - as your download speed is averaging 474mpbs in the past week, and Upload is 32mpbs. 

This is a little low for your minimum upload speed listed here 👉 Virgin broadband speeds | Broadband speed explained | Virgin Media, however sadly we do not guarantee upload speeds via the minimum download speed guarantee. 

We can take a further look into this for you to see why it may be happening and offer further support, I will just need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can do this. You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Hi Molly,

I've replied to your message. 

I understand that the upload speed is not guaranteed, but if the "My Package" section of my account says my upload speed should be "52Mbps" on average, I don't understand why my cable modem is still hard-locked to "38Mbps" (please see attached screenshots)

52Mb52Mb

38Mb (Maximum speed set by configuration file)38Mb (Maximum speed set by configuration file)

KB5725
Tuning in

Hi,

I've done the pin-hole reset (again) as requested. Sadly; whilst the download speed continues to be "boosted", it seems the modem is still receiving a configuration file that's limiting my upload speed to 38Mbps, so the boost to 52Mbps still isn't being applied to that.

Screenshot 2023-06-24 114438.png

Thank you Kishor, 

I will go back to the team and will pop back to you here with an update as soon as I have it.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

KB5725
Tuning in

Hi,

Has there been any update with this?

Hi KB5725,

Thanks for posting on the thread about your Volt Benefits, I can see you're already in a private message with Vikki_M. 

She will get back to your most recent message as soon as possible 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

KB5725
Tuning in

Hi,

Is there any update yet?

KB5725
Tuning in

Hi,

It's now been a whole month since this issue was raised about the wrong configuration profile being sent to the superhub (with the old Upload Speed).

Is there any progress or chance of progress?