cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt BB speed not changed, Volt active on O2.

DaveUK83
Dialled in

Had Volt working perfectly on O2 and VM.

Renewed contract recently and was told I would need to re-activate Volt to get the upgraded broadband speed again. However the speed seemed to remain as it was so no issues.

Had a power cut today and now it seems my broadband speed has reverted back to M125 from M250. SamKnows shows my Hub 5 only getting 134Mpbs.

Checked my O2 account and it's showing that Volt is active and my O2 data is still doubled. VM account also shows Volt as active and lists it as M125 M250.

Not sure why i'm not achieving the full speed at my Hub. Any help appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi DaveUK83 👋

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome back to the Community Forums. 

I'm sorry to hear there has been a change in your speeds after renewing your contract. Any Volt benefits when re-contracting are applied at the point of re-contracting and do not need to be re-applied by our teams. When you spoke with our team, did they advise of a specific speed for your service? 

When you re-contracted, you would have received further documentation to confirm your new package such as a Pre-Contract Information sheet. What package is advised on there?

Thanks, 

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Thanks for the reply @Reece_MH

The person I spoke to when I re-contracted said my contract would stay the same as it was, there would be no changes to my services. This was on the 24th Feb. Check the documents sent through and it says under Broadband Services 'Volt M125 Fibre Broadband'.

DaveUK83
Dialled in

Just spoke to VM via calling 150.

First call I was told she was seeing my BB speed as 207mbps. I did a Sam Knows Real Speed test and again it was stuck at 138. Also advised that my router status was showing a max traffic rate of 143750047 bps. She put me on hold and then I got disconnected.

Second call started off a lot better. She could see that until the 26th Feb I was getting speeds of 260mpbs and then it dropped down to 138mbps. She checked with customer services and they said that volt M250 was active and the speed is upto M250. She then said there was nothing they could do, phone back tomorrow if i'm still getting speeds of 138 and they will run another test.

Although she was very helpful, pretty dissapointed. Any tips on where to go from here?

SK.pngv1.pngv2.png

DaveUK83
Dialled in

Gave VM another call as it was bugging me that tomorrow I would still only be getting speeds of 138 as that's what the router configuration is showing.

Explained the situation - 'Hi, I'm on the M125 and had it boosted to M250 because of the Volt benefit. This has been working fine, however 3 days ago it dropped back to M125. This speed is show on SamKnows Realspeed, thr router configuration settings and also the virgin media dashboard' I was placed on hold whilst she carried out some checks. 5 minutes later and seems like I was transferred to someone else in the same department as I had to go through everything again.

A very frustrating call lasting 40 minutes with a number of holds for checks. The person simply did not understand what I had explained and kept saying my contract is for M125 so that's all I would get. I advised that with Volt it doubles it to M250. After trying to sell me M250 for an extra £10 a month, they went away and checked a few more things before advising I was no longer eligiblefor the volt speed boost anymore, despite being with VM and O2 and should have been told this when I renewed in February this year. That's why my speedboost was removed 3 days ago.

This is where VM really lets itself down. Past from pillar to post, calls re-routed meaning having to explain the same thing over and over, calls being disconnected and staff giving totally varied and different information.

No idea why I am no longer eligible for the volt speedboost, as i'm still receiving double data with O2 - Unless as I suspect the member of staff was incorrect.

Sorry to hear this is still on going for you @DaveUK83 

Just to confirm, the original O2 sim/ account you used to apply for the Volt benefits is still the same? The SIM has not been changed, cancelled or moved to a new address at all? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thanks @Carley_S

No changes to my O2 sim/account and it's still showing volt as active in my O2 dashboard along with double data being applied.

In this case, to further look into this, I have sent a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

No problem at all @DaveUK83 

Happy to have been able to help with this.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs