cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Mobile Transfer to O2 - Home Broadband speed increase not received

Rylapar
On our wavelength

I was transferred to O2 on 3rd September 2023.

One of the benefits was quoted in the email me below - 

As you’re also a Virgin Media broadband customer, once you switch over to O2, you can supercharge your world with exclusive Volt benefits including an automatic broadband speed boost to the next available level (up to a max of 1Gbps)

This has not been reflected in my Home Broadband speeds - does anybody know why ? When will this happen ? Was it a lie ?

I have spoken to O2 but they have not been helpful.

Many thanks

Paul

10 REPLIES 10

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Rylapar,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry you have not had the Volt benefits fully applied through yet, this would usually take around 14 days to complete through the system, can you confirm for me if you have received the benefits on the O2 side yet? This would come in the form of double benefits.

Joe

Rylapar
On our wavelength

Hi Joe

My phone benefits (double data) and the new charging by O2 has all been  completed. 

It is the Virgin Media Broadband that hasn't happened.

Many thanks

Paul

Thanks for coming back to us Rylapar, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

I'm having the exact same issue, my Volt benefits were activated on my O2 SIM in July and I've still not received my broadband speed boost - I've tried for a few days now to speak to O2 and VM and it's been a waste of time going around in circles. Please can someone help me.

Hi SOSH27

Sorry to hear you're still waiting for your Volt benefits to be applied to your Virgin Media account and services, we understand the confusion and appreciate  you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

As explained here it can take up to 14 days for the benefits to be applied to both services, you mentioned they are already added to your O2 services, when were they put on there? If it is within the 14 day timescale it may be that we're in the process of applying these to your services. Please check here that you are also on a Volt package.

Let us know if it has been longer than this and we'll be happy to take a look.

Rob

Hey Rob,

I've been waiting since July for the broadband benefits to be applied as mentioned in my initial comment.

I'd appreciate any support you can provide in expediting this.

Thanks, Sophie

Hi SOSH27,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome back, sorry to hear you have not received your Volt benefits, as you have an O2 Sim now have you logged into your O2 Online Account and registered for these?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul, 

Please can you (or anyone) message me in my inbox as I've not received any notifications that anyone has replied to me and this is taking far longer than it needs to. 

I feel I have been very clear in my initial desription, so please can I just have some help not "have you tried this", "have you tried that" - I am losing my mind here.

I activated my Volt benefits through O2 and they were applied BACK IN JULY THIS YEAR, I am yet to receive the broadband speed boost, so yes it has been MORE than 14 days.

I have reached out to multiple people across O2 and Virgin and I have been directed here - it is now an additional 2 weeks and counting and I'm yet to have any actual assistance on the matter. 

Many thanks in advance, Sophie

Our apologies for any frustration with this SOSH27.

I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin