cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media not honouring an agreement

Jaimie91
Joining in

I recently purchased Virgin Media's Ultimate Volt bundle for £85 per month. I was under the impression I would get an O2 sim card with this, but apparently because I'm already an O2 customer, that's not part of the deal. I spoke to O2 about getting the sim card and they told me the way it is supposed to work is I pay £60 with Virgin and £25 with them, not £85 to Virgin. So I asked Virgin if they can lower my price to £60 to match the Ultimate Volt Bundle as listed on the website, two separate people on the live chat agreed that they could do this for me, but they would put a note on my account and I would need to call up to get through to someone with the capability of actually applying the discount to my package. I also have a copy of the transcript from the live chat.

So after 8 hours of phone calls to Virgin Media yesterday (ping-ponging between different apartments, being on hold for ridiculous periods of time, and people hanging up on me), no one is actually willing to honour the agreement. I've tried raising a complaint and I was told that Virgin Media can't do this bundle for £60, even though I can see it on the website right now.

I'd like to understand why on two separate occasions I was told that I could change my package to £60 per month + the £25 O2 sim card, but no one is willing to actually do it for me?

4 REPLIES 4

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jaimie91 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear you have an order dispute with the team. 

I will send you a PM to get some details.

Kind regards.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Jaimie91 wrote:

I recently purchased Virgin Media's Ultimate Volt bundle for £85 per month. I was under the impression I would get an O2 sim card with this, but apparently because I'm already an O2 customer, that's not part of the deal. I spoke to O2 about getting the sim card and they told me the way it is supposed to work is I pay £60 with Virgin and £25 with them, not £85 to Virgin. So I asked Virgin if they can lower my price to £60 to match the Ultimate Volt Bundle as listed on the website, two separate people on the live chat agreed that they could do this for me, but they would put a note on my account and I would need to call up to get through to someone with the capability of actually applying the discount to my package. I also have a copy of the transcript from the live chat.

So after 8 hours of phone calls to Virgin Media yesterday (ping-ponging between different apartments, being on hold for ridiculous periods of time, and people hanging up on me), no one is actually willing to honour the agreement. I've tried raising a complaint and I was told that Virgin Media can't do this bundle for £60, even though I can see it on the website right now.

I'd like to understand why on two separate occasions I was told that I could change my package to £60 per month + the £25 O2 sim card, but no one is willing to actually do it for me?

i see John is on the case but a couple of pointers - legally your rights are clear - if something was offered verbally or in writing that is reasonable and you relied on that when taking the deal then VM must legally honour that - there are no ifs and buts with that - so hopefully john will sort that - if not or he offers you some half ars*ed compromise then reject it and open a complaint which will likely be fobbed off or lost - if its fobbed off ask for a deadlock letter and go to arbitration

if you have to do that add £75 ish for the way they have messed you about - they should find in your favour

even if John sorts it and gets you the deal you were offered he should add compensation - not a tenner or some silly amount - again £50 or more

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Declan_1242
On our wavelength

I will say, the same almost happened with me bit I did know it was a separate charge as I had looked at the package prior to going from Oomph to Volt and noticed £85 is only the minimum then you get the addons like O2. 

In live chat it was £85 originally with Homeworks and O2, but the person on the live chat quickly corrected the price and noted they are additional charges, which I was still fine with. Seems like the issue is, is just the support team awareness on the package itself. VM should have something in place to make sure this doesn't happen.

all sales agents are commission driven afaik - they can earn large amounts over a year so the emphasis is to get the best price on the deal - thats the best price for them not you and its certainly true that many who come here to complain are charged more than what was agreed

Tony.
Sacked VIP