cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media installation delay and O2 SIM

bluebear1
Joining in

At the start of May, I signed up to the Virgin deal that included the £25 pm O2 SIM card, which despite having no need for this, was still cheaper and offered more than my Sky package.  I received the O2 SIM quickly but it is unopened and unactivated although I've paid the 1st £25 payment.

Virgin were scheduled to install on the 19th May, which was initially delayed until the 25th and then again until the 2nd June.  Sky made an error and cancelled my BB on 5th May (complaint in to Sky), so we have been working a monthly '3' mobile BB which is pretty useless, since then.

I don't want to cancel Virgin but if there are delays beyond 2nd June, I will need to look elsewhere because I need proper BB.

So my question is, given that Virgin Media would have failed to install the service, would I be able to cancel the O2 SIM with no penalty, given I past the cooling off period for that part of the contract?

I've tried asking Virgin but have had no reply from them (despite 3 emails!) and have been advised to post here by the O2 community

3 REPLIES 3

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @bluebear1 

Welcome to our services and our community forums. 

Sorry to hear you have had a delay in your installation. We can understand the inconvenience caused. Sometimes, delays are required due to further construction work of third-party contractors. Our team would aim to get the service up and running as soon as possible. You can check here to see if you are eligible for compensation https://virg.in/autocomp 

As you are on a Volt deal, even though the deal comes as a bundle, you will have 2 different bills; one for VM and another for O2. You can find out more here https://www.virginmediao2.co.uk/ 

In this case, it is assumed that are currently using the sim as part of the contract agreement. If you wish to cancel the O2 sim, you can however you would lose any volt benefit on your VM agreement. If you wish to cancel O2, you can contact them as seen here https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

I’ve just been informed that the installation is delayed yet again - this time by a further 18 days - which is unacceptable!

I have not even opened the package containing the SIM, never mind used it.  I assume therefore that I can cancel the O2 contract without penalty, given that Virgin have not completed their part of the contract.

Please can you confirm this.

Thanks

Hey bluebear1, thank you for reaching out and we are sorry to hear about this.

Often installs get delayed due to planning permission and we understand this is frustrating.

As mentioned above if you wish to cancel the O2 part please follow the link above, if you wanted to cancel the Virgin Media one please do reach out to our pre install team on 0345 454 1111 who are open until 9PM tonight. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?