cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media employee has stole money

Davismit31
Joining in

Hi, not sure where to go, have raised with virgin fraud team but they are not coming back to me.  My mum rang 150 to report fault.  1st line couldn’t fix it so was passed to tech team.  They couldn’t fix it and said would ring back at certain time.  The same guy did and the. Proceeded to get mums bank details and got her to download a screen share on her phone.  Made transfers of more than £1000 before she told me of the issue and I got her to call her bank (as she told me he wanted a photo of her passport which raised a flag).  Mum is housebound and 80.

raised with virgin who didn’t seem to bothered an employee is a rat and raised a case with fraud team. No one is coming back to me.  Who can I speak to that can help.  Note, bank has addressed the scam and also raised with fraud hotline and police.

have started tweeting Mr Branson now as frustrated

2 REPLIES 2

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Tell the police https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/reporting-fraud-and-cyber-crime 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Davismit31,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We do sincerely apologise for what has happened to your mother and for any distress this incident has caused.

I am going to pop you over a private message to take some details from you so we can get this matter fully investigated and sent off to the relevant team.

Please click on the envelope at the top of the page to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi.