cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading volt on existing broadband package

mkhtbn
Joining in

I have recently opted to upgrade my phone contract and switched from vodaphone to 02. This means I now should be entitled to the volt benefits as discussed with the upgrades team when renegotiating my contract recently. I've had an email to upgrade my hub to the new hub 4 as I have a legacy one (probably 6-7 years old). The problem is, now the volt benefits provide me with an internet boost into the next category (currently paying for 500mb/s, next available speed would be 1gig) this results in me needing the hub5. I can't get through to anyone who can actually confirm that my volt benefits are active and sort the process of sending me the new hub and increasing my speed to 1gig. I don't want to accept the new hub4 to return it days/weeks later when the volt benefits are sorted and I'm in need of the hub5. 

Any help would be appreciated,

Mike

3 REPLIES 3

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mkhtbn 

Welcome to the community forums 

Great to hear that you can take advantage of the Volt benefits now you're with O2. 

The hub 4 is compatible with the 1Gb speeds and so if this is what is available, this will be the router that is sent to you for your speed boost. The team that apply the speed boost will send the available router to you so that you receive and active the new router at the same time as the Volt benefits will apply. 

It will be this team also that sends the router, whether that will be a Hub 4 or Hub 5, will depend on availability, but I can assure you that the Hub 4 is compatible with the 1Gb speeds.  

It does take up to 14 days for the speed boost to be applied at our side, can you confirm when you registered for the Volt benefits? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

I started my 02 contract and activated the volt around 2 weeks ago so must be close to being the 14 days you've mentioned. Hub 5 is a big improvement on hub 4 as it provides access to wifi 6 so I would much prefer to receive one of these hubs as opposed to the latter. Is there nothing I actually have to do in order for the speeds to be increased, just wait for an email stating my volt benefits are now active on the virgin media side?

Thanks for the reply

Mike

It will be the team that applies the speed boost that will also send the new router to you, that may well be a Hub 4 or a Hub 5, as advised, depending on availability. 

There is no further action that you need to take as this should all be an automatic process. 

If you do receive a Hub 4 and wish to be contacted in future when Hub 5 is available to you, the ensure you marketing preferences are enable to allow us to send the Hub 5 offer invitation. Go to your online account here and click on Account settings > Marketing preferences > Edit my preferences. 

Please do let us know if you have not received any update or communication after 2 weeks and we can investigate this further for you. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley