cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to M500 turns... out to be M350

deathbanana
Joining in

Hello, I upgraded to what I was told was M500. Contracts said same.  Having VOLT in place already I expected 1GB to arrive as my free boost - it did not. After MUCH difficult wrangling with cust services I am told that I was actually  sold M350 which used my existing VOLT benefits to get me M500. This was not stated during the sales conversation and my contract paperwork states M500 with no allusion to the upgrade boost actually being the benefit I already had.  Despite needing only broadband and no tv/phone I was told the cheapest option was Big Volt Bundle at £47 per month. (I now see broadband only offers at my post code, of up to 1GB,  for less than this).

This has been mis-sold to me and has taken hours of frustrating customer service time to investigate. I cannot get messages, was cut off twice by rude agents in chat, the 'Volt' word before M500 is not explained anywhere clearly on website and my complaint I registered (C100923513) has not made its way to my email inbox.

Anyone similar? Considering cancelling - anyone had any luck negotiating out of this situation? Can I reduce to broadband only at a good price or is this only for new customers?

1 REPLY 1

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @deathbanana 👋 Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see that the package that you have was not the one you had agreed to. While we are unable to arrange package changes via the forum I'll certainly be happy to look at the other element of the complaint for you.

I'll send you a PM to confirm your details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules