cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from Ultimate Oomph to Volt - but only 600Mb?

RJMD
Dialled in

Hi,

Re-contracted today from Ultimate Oomph with 600Mb to Volt - as I was previously on 600Mb, I should automatically be upgraded to Gig1 as it is in my area, yet the contract says 600Mb - why is this?  Apparently Virgin have no supply of upgraded hubs (I still have a hub 3), so am I not entitled to a discount until they can supply what they've advertised? Why does the contract not specify Gig1, when it should?  Where do I stand with getting the upgrade once routers are available?

Have to admit, I'm not very impressed that you're charging full whack for a service you can't provide. Think I might have a chat with trading standards. Some kind of idea as to when you'll be able to provide hubs might be good as well - frankly I don't care about chip shortages or any other excuses, if you advertise a service and take payment for it you should be able to provide it.

JD

33 REPLIES 33

Got a text from yodel to say it'll be delivered Monday,  and an email to confirm but won't be happy till it's in my possession and I can see the gig config on the router!

JD 

Out of interest, how much are you paying for the Ultimate Volt bundle and did the agent try and up your monthly cost at all?

my experience with retentions wasn't great. Had to explain the issue 3 times to a woman with a scottish accent for her to put me on hold for 20 mins and then come back and say "we can't reduce your speed any more than the M600 you are currently on" I then had to explain to her that I was trying to increase it to 1gig not reduce it! seems like she didn't know 1gig was more than 600Mbps. anyway as it was nearing 4pm she did the old "having system trouble will call you back in 5 mins" and you can then guess she logged off for the day and went home......customer service at its finest......

The 2nd guy was just as useless and kept saying 600 is the highest you can get (even though I have had 1gig for 18 months previously).....absolute joke...

they are charging 85 for tv/broadband/phone + 25 for the 02 sim. I do get 10 off my netflix and my disney+ paid for six months would be happy if I could just get the speed back up to 1gig.

I have managed to get this sorted, I hope.

I spoke to a generic WebChat agent who wasn't particularly useful until they transferred me to the WebChat Retentions team (I had to wait 3 hours until I was connected to someone). I spoke to an agent named Charlie, and they were able to push through the free upgrade from M600 to Gig1, as I agreed to as part of my contract upgrade all those weeks ago. I'm hopeful that this upgrade is genuine as I can now see an order on my Virgin Media account page for the Hub 4, expecting delivery Saturday 11th

The best thing about WebChat is that they leave a transcript behind, now I have it in writing that I'm entitled to a free upgrade to the Gig1 and that it is being processed.

Finally an end to this ordeal!