cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from Ultimate Oomph to Volt - but only 600Mb?

RJMD
Dialled in

Hi,

Re-contracted today from Ultimate Oomph with 600Mb to Volt - as I was previously on 600Mb, I should automatically be upgraded to Gig1 as it is in my area, yet the contract says 600Mb - why is this?  Apparently Virgin have no supply of upgraded hubs (I still have a hub 3), so am I not entitled to a discount until they can supply what they've advertised? Why does the contract not specify Gig1, when it should?  Where do I stand with getting the upgrade once routers are available?

Have to admit, I'm not very impressed that you're charging full whack for a service you can't provide. Think I might have a chat with trading standards. Some kind of idea as to when you'll be able to provide hubs might be good as well - frankly I don't care about chip shortages or any other excuses, if you advertise a service and take payment for it you should be able to provide it.

JD

33 REPLIES 33

just adding myself onto this topic, I was migrated from the ultimate oomph package to ultimate volt and my speed has dropped down to 600Mbps from 1Gbps. The difference is I was previously getting 1Gbps without problems as I already have a hub4. Can someone from VM look at my package please and upgrade my speed to 1Gbps as I definitely did not request a downgrade in speed.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for that zarf2007,

Welcome back to the community.

Can I ask regarding this, when you accepted a new package/term, did the email/post correspondence reflect a downgrade in speed also?

Let us know,

Kain

Still no callback,  and still not getting the speed advertised.  What annoys me all the more is the contract stating 600mb even though it should have stated gig as that is what was advertised,  then being lied to that I would get gig once they had the hubs.  You have the hubs,  yet you're using the fact that you deliberately contracted us to the lower package as a means of getting out of providing what was agreed.  Your organisation disgusts me,  you are nothing but a bunch of incompetent crooks. 

Anyone considering signing up,  run the other way as fast as you can. 

JD

Hi Kain,

Yes I received an email stating that my speed was M600. Tbh the rest of the move to ultimate volt has been smooth, even with the new o2 sim, Netflix and Disney+ Addons. When I originally called retentions they said the upgrade to gigabit would be applied later in the month when my contract starts but I don’t really want to wait for that in case it doesn’t happen.

As I said, I have the hub 4 already and was previously receiving gig1 speeds so just need my speed moved back to that.

Thanks

So will I ever get a callback or was that another lie? I want the hub 4 and the gigabit service I was sold, I also want a copy of the recording from when I placed the order with yourselves prior to taking you to the small claims court. Call me. 

JD 

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@RJMD As subject, I have contracted to Ultimate Volt and want the Hub 4 and Gig1 broadband I am paying for, I am done with listening to your excuses. As your complaints procedure is a total joke, and just results in the complaint being closed, who do I complain to in order to make this happen?

If you've got a formal complaint reference, then have you now had a "resolution" letter or email?  If you have, reply to VM rejecting their resolution and asking for a "deadlock letter".  When you get that, you take the matter to the industry complaints adjudicator, CISAS.  Or, if your first formal complaint was initiated over 8 weeks ago, there's no need to get a deadlock letter.  Read CISAS customer guidance carefully.

For CISAS, include as much detail as possible - explain the problem carefully, the effect on you, the outcome you now want.  Also seek compensation that covers the poor customer service, the poor complaint handling, but the onus is upon you to make a clear case - the adjudication system applies accepted legal and dispute resolution principles, so you need to make a clear case as to what you were offered and accepted, a decent summary of the contacts with VM and the outcomes, along with anything relevant to the assessment of your case (eg long call waits, being passed around agents without anybody taking ownership, disconnected calls, promised but failed call backs, any instances of rudeness).

Hi @RJMD and @zarf2007 thanks for your further posts - I do appreciate your frustrations.

From today, the Hub 4's are back in stock for customers to move to the 1GB speed Ultimate Volt tariff so please call us on 150 / 0345 454 1111, and the team will be able to sort this for you - please let me know how you get on!

Specifically for @zarf2007, we should hopefully be able to move your speed back up to the 1GB immediately, by adding this back onto your package now there's no restrictions.

I hope this helps and to reiterate, please let me know if you have any problems doing so.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom,

Well, I've just spoken to them, and they've apparently upgraded me to Gig1 and my hub should be with me by the 13th June. It's a pity it's taken six weeks and the threat of legal action for me to get what I'm entitled to, but at least it looks like things are going in the right direction.

One weird thing though - I tried to order an additional Wifi Pod at the same time, and was told I have to wait till I get the new hub before I can get another pod, any reason for this? Common sense would say stick em in the same box and save on postage, but common sense is not a very common commodity nowadays it would seem 😞

Cheers

JD

Hi Tom

i tried 2 different people in your retentions team and both said that i cannot be changed to 1gig as its not available for the ultimate volt package, that was despite it being promised to me verbally which there should be recordings of. Utter shambles, can you please look into this urgently.

After reading Tom's update I called 150 to discuss getting the Hub 4 sent out to me. The advisor on the phone said she understood the predicament I was in and quickly processed the upgrade to my package and said that the Hub 4 would be posted out to me and that I should receive it on Thursday.
Finally sorted out after all this time!

Or so I thought...
Since that call I have spoken to 3 other Virgin reps, none of which can see an open order or any changes to my package. Apparently, the notes left by that agent were along the lines of "Customer was promised Gig1 and Hub 4 by retentions but never got it" No mention of any upgrade, package change or any of the sort.
Honestly, it seems that Virgin Media agents will lie just to get you off the phone.

@RJMD I would check if the upgrade you ordered had actually gone through.