cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate Volt and o2 sim change tariff

LoneSpeaker
Superfast

I am a subscriber to Ultimate Volt with the included £25 a month O2 sim.

O2 are now offering me an upgrade, and as I need a new phone, I figured I would take them up on this.

My question is, if I upgrade my £25 a month account with O2 to say £40 a month (with new device) will everything carry on as normal or will virgin try and ask me for more money for the TV/broadband side because I changed the sim package?

Thanks.

17 REPLIES 17

It is very disappointing to read that the reassurance I got from Ryan_N in an earlier post in this thread has been contradicted.

I have gone ahead and upgraded to a new sim plan + device on the back of Ryan's assurance.  I've not heard anything from Virgin about changing sim, and from the O2 end the upgrade has gone through 100% and I have the new device.

Hi LoneSpeaker,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, sorry to hear your disappointment, I can assure you nothing has changed since speaking to Ryan, so I can double check things with you I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul. 

Please may I ask if this got sorted and if so what the outcome was, I am looking to upgrade the £25p/m sim only deal taken with O2 as part of my Volt deal as you did, with the view to get a new device. I am apprehensive as I wouldn’t want it to have a detrimental effect on my VM package so would appreciate any information regarding your experience of the change

thank you!

@Beedeepee wrote:

Please may I ask if this got sorted and if so what the outcome was, I am looking to upgrade the £25p/m sim only deal taken with O2 as part of my Volt deal as you did, with the view to get a new device. I am apprehensive as I wouldn’t want it to have a detrimental effect on my VM package so would appreciate any information regarding your experience of the change

thank you!

There has been no change to my VM package price since upgrading the O2 sim to another one with a new device.

Thank you, I really appreciate that you took the time to reply to me- you’ve been really helpful, as was this post. 

can i change my unlimted data sim to 100gb data 

will that effect my price with virgin media on ulitmate volt

Hey BILLYY0070, thank you for reaching out and if you are looking to change the O2 sim card I would give our friends at O2 call and they will look into this for you 0344 809 0202, it won't affect the price of your cable deal but it may increase the sim card cost. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi all, about this subject I can tell you from my own experience. As all folks in here, I am on Ultimate Volt package. When I contracted this I have been offered an unlimited O2 sim card for £25 per month. One month ago I found an offer on Hotukdeals with O2 to upgrade to 50GB for £12 and if you had Virgin broadband as well you would get the Volt benefits which means double the amount of data on O2, so, in total would be 100GB for £12. Nothing changed on Virgin's end and I can't see why it would, as long as I keep the O2 sim. For me the O2 is a secondary sim, as my partner and I have a very good deal from another mobile provider. So, because we have never used the O2 sim and after reading all the T's & C's we said to give it a try and see if our Virgin price is affected. So far, so good. Fingers crossed nothing happens in the future. My March bill is normal price. But again I can't see why it would affect Virgin price as the upgrade is a service available on every mobile provider. I hope this helps.