cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate Volt Bundle TV boxes

william63
Joining in

Hi,

So I recently upgraded to the ultimate volt bundle and to be honest it's been an absolute nightmare. It's taken me a month of phone calls, almost daily, in order to get my external cable upgraded along with my speed. Not to mention the constant calls to remove the phantom extra charges from my bill to get it down to the figure I was quoted when I upgraded (at one point my monthly build tripled).

However there appears to be light at the end of the tunnel finally except one small snag I am hoping someone can confirm for me. When I upgraded I was told it comes with an EXTRA 360 box. As I already had 2 as part of my old package I was told I didn't need any new boxes and they instead sent out 2 brand new remote controls along with instructions on how to upgrade to 360. All fine and no issues with that.

However with all the issues I have had in since I upgraded, after finally getting things sorted they have sent an email requesting me to send back my old Hub 3 AND one of my Tv boxes??? I was also told I would be charged for failing to return this.

Can someone help me with this and confirm if I am supposed to send the 2nd box back or I do indeed get to keep the extra box with my package? If I'm not supposed to get 2 boxes then why send me out 2 remotes? I really DO NOT want to make yet another phone call to what is, most of the time, the completely useless and unhelpful customer service line which usually ends up creating more problems and phantom charges on my bill.

Please and thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @william63 

The Ultimate Volt bundle comes with two boxes  as standard.  If you already had two V6 boxes then you would keep those boxes and be sent two 360 remote controls to use with those boxes once they had been updated to run the Horizon (360) interface.

If you already had two boxes, but one of then was the older TIVO box then you would have been sent two 360 remotes and a 360 mini box to replace the TIVO box. The TIVO box would then be obsolete and need returning to VM.

Your previous and also your new contract should state how many boxes you had/have for your package, as in my screenshots below. 

my old contractmy old contract

my oomph360my oomph360

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @william63 

The Ultimate Volt bundle comes with two boxes  as standard.  If you already had two V6 boxes then you would keep those boxes and be sent two 360 remote controls to use with those boxes once they had been updated to run the Horizon (360) interface.

If you already had two boxes, but one of then was the older TIVO box then you would have been sent two 360 remotes and a 360 mini box to replace the TIVO box. The TIVO box would then be obsolete and need returning to VM.

Your previous and also your new contract should state how many boxes you had/have for your package, as in my screenshots below. 

my old contractmy old contract

my oomph360my oomph360

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi thanks so much for this.

My fear was that someone made a mistake in all the recent errors. I’ve had to have my package rebuilt since I upgraded because of all the mess ups with my billing amount over the last couple of weeks and had to have a rolling credit added each month to reduce the cost down to what it was offered to me for. 

However I have just reviewed my contract with the recent adjustments and it does in fact state “additional TV box”. A quick phone call tomorrow will hopefully get this rectified. 

Thanks for pointing out where I should look for concrete confirmation. Appreciate the help

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @william63 

Thanks for updating the thread. If you do have any problems tomorrow then post back here and a member of the forum team should pick it up in a day or two and try to help.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.