cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate Volt Bundle - Cancel sim?

randomness104k
Just joined

Hi

I have just signed up for the ultimate volt bundle. looks a great deal and everything but i have one question. Can I cancel the o2 sim that it comes with and still keep the benefits?

The reason I ask this is because my wife and I are already o2 customers, and she already has an eligible o2 sim (unlimited). I cannot cancel my current o2 sim to use the one issued by virgin as if I do that, I will be expected to pay off the handset cost as they do not appear to let me just move the new sim onto my refresh deal. I have no use or need for a third o2 sim and wondered because our current sims are "eligible" for volt benefits, would this affect my ultimate volt bundle if I cancel THE O2 unlimited sim that it comes with to save the extra 25 p/m?

Thanks

Andy 

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's unlikely you'll save the £25 cost, because by cancelling part of your Volt bundle - your bundle will cease to be a Volt package and will likely be recalculated minus the bundle discounts that the O2 SIM attracts.

What stops you from filing the surplus O2 SIM in a safe place and just not using it?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey randnmess104k, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community.

You can cancel the sim card within 14 day cooling off period however this would need to be cancelled with O2.

If you have a sim card with them already you can just activate your Volt benefits. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?