cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to establish a new 18 month contract with VM

JohnMorr
On our wavelength

I am just coming to the end of another 18 months with VM & had an offer of £A/month for 18 Months from their web site which I accepted.  On phone VM confirmed £A was correct with a discount of £10.00 from £B. However VM emailed contract with £B/month. Emailed VM to point out their error and now waiting for their reply.

Interesting to see fellow VM clients' problems.

8 REPLIES 8

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JohnMorr, thank you for your post.

It's great to hear you're looking to renew your contract, but we're sorry about the problem you're having 😔

Have you received a reply since posting? You can check your package details by signing into your My Virgin Media account here

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience. 

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel.

I have been told via phone calls that the £A/month is correct & that the new 18 month contract  will be updated with this monthly charge.  Just checking with the My Virgin Media account here I see that it is still showing £B/monthly.

I shall phone again over the next few days to find out.

Regards

John

Hi @JohnMorr 

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

JohnMorr
On our wavelength

Hi Daniel.

Several phone calls with VM where I have been assured that the contract will be & then has been changed to the one I agreed but the VM web site still has the wrong one. Checking now the contract has not changed. 

VM voice recording says that Texting is supposed to be popular but VM do not support this now. My replying to emails just has it bouncing back - theteam@mailing.virginmedia.com (theteam@mailing.virginmedia.com)

JohnMorr
On our wavelength

removed was the contract I agreed with VM from web site for £32.00/month 18 months. VM emailed me removed contract which for £42.00/month 18 months which I have not accepted. VM still trying to sort out after 13 days.  

VM Music while waiting yet again does not help! 

[MOD EDIT: Details removed]

archercj
Fibre optic

Dont get me started - well ok DO! lol

Had an email stating a price of £76 to renew now (8 weeks before end of actual contract where I had been paying £93). Contacted them via Chat as there wa sno mention of netflix in that price. Was told the actual renewal price was £124. When I escalated it they said well actuall its £154. Ive got all this documented so nothing made up a shard as it seems to believe.

After some negotiating it came down to around £90'sh via a Whatsapp chatt. I got them to confirm it was a like for like contract as it had a different title. Within 10 minutes of agteeing they had excommunicated one of my set top boxes, halved my broadband speed and removed several channels from the remaining set top box.

Took two weeks with a reduced service to resolve including a technician having to come out and replace the excommunicated box! Agreed like for like contract price of £80. get my first bill last week - £101. Apparently includes 'adjustments' for the period between contracts. Really!! What about compensation for 2 weeks with a reduced service you caused.

You cant make this up.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JohnMorr 

Thanks for joining me on PM and allowing me to sort this out 🙂

Please do pop back to the community if you ever need further assistance.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there JohnMorr,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Just regarding this matter I can see that our team has invited you into a PM, has there been any further update on this?

Regards,

Kain