cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to cancel O2 contract

Clev83
Joining in

Wondering if someone can help. I was originally sold a internet package by Virgin which included an O2 sim to get discounts. Everything set up and moved my number onto the O2 sim fine.

Since moving I've noticed the O2 coverage in my area is shockingly bad (0.5Mbps on 4G!), long story short, since I originally took out the package  I've extended my Virgin contract to add a TV package, I was offered a new O2 sim which I didn't take. So now I am at a point where my O2 contract and my Virgin contract end on different dates. 

I've been trying to get out of my O2 contract but Virgin keep telling me this will impact my discounts, trying to get me on a new deal which I don't want. I've just logged into my account and it says this:

Capture.PNG
Trying to get a straight answer from Virgin web chat or WhatsApp chat is extremely painful...

I need to know, does this mean my O2 contract isn't tied to my Virgin contract any more? So I can cancel/move away from O2 with no issues?

1 REPLY 1

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Clev83 👋,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you are looking to cancel your O2 contract due to coverage issues.

Can I ask if you have spoken to O2 regarding the issues you are experiencing with the service?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs