cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The virgin media scam

Whudan1985
Joining in

Hi everyone.

I've just received an email from virgin media with one of their offers again and cannot believe my eyes, they are at it again.

The signup up offer is the same as the one I got stung with over a year ago, they offer you £200 bill credit or an xbox series s.

Well on the 14th July 2022 I see the offer and thought that looks good, I just finished a contract with Sky and thought I'd give virgin a go and after some time I really regretted it because I was lied to because I selected the xbox as a free gift and the proof is in the email I received back from virgin.

Well I waited and waited and waited and I'm still waiting now a year on later, I've sent in numerous complaints about this and spoke to so many people at virgin regarding this and I've always been completely fobbed off by them all, the last time I spoke to them was even emailing a manager about this and in the end he said it was over a year ago and cannot do anything about it... yes it had been a year but in the space of that year I have spoken to many people about this and have the proof.

Really really disappointed by this and I'm going to be contacting trading standards with all the order information and screen shots of the many whatsapp messages and emails that I have from them.

Don't fall for the scam that I did, I'm not giving up on this either.

4 REPLIES 4

Whudan1985
Joining in

I've been waiting a year and keep getting fobbed off, I'm going to trading standards about this and all the proof of what they are like. 

Hi @Whudan1985 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had and that you feel this way 😔

Have you raised a complaint about this matter? Advice on how to do so can be found here

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience. 

Regards,
Daniel

I've tried this a few times in the past and through WhatsApp and hasn't got me anywhere, really frustrating because I get emails back saying it's been resolved when clearly it hasn't, I them call to ask them and just get fobbed off all the time and do not know why.

Screenshot_20230725_135122_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20230725_134634_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20230725_134606_Gmail.jpg

Hi @Whudan1985, thank you for your response. We understand your frustration 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel