cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspicious email

barryj
On our wavelength

Hello, On the 15th July I recieved and email from email@em.virginmedia.co.uk informing me that

Your virginmedia contract ended on the 10th July 2023, If you renew today we'll give you

an exclusive discount on your current package as a thanks for being with us.

Your package will stay the same but with a 25% discount whats not to love.

The renew your contract button in the email took me to the Oops something went wrong page.

The next day I phoned 150 spent 25 mins waiting for a CS agent finally got one who completely

fell apart when I mentioned the email after a further 30 mins of the agent talking to her superior

more than me the final decision was they could not give me the discount and to reply to the email

which was just stupid they were clearly terrified of giving me the discount.

Just out of curiosity i replied to the email and of course it didn't accept replies.

I then emailed the CEO  and on Monday a man from virgin phoned me who wanted to know

the email address the mail was sent from he said he would get back to me after he'd investigated

I said when today, next week, a month and he said today and that was the last I've heard.

4 REPLIES 4

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi barryj, 

Thank you for your post and welcome back! 

I am really sorry to hear of the experience you've had here with this. To provide a quick answer to his - the email is legit and so is the email address, I am not sure why the team couldn't confirm this at the time. Given you've already tried to get this resolved - I will send you over a private message to help out here. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

barryj
On our wavelength

Ryan but I can't reply to your private message I keep getting this error

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and send the message when you are satisfied.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Just to check - how are you attempting to respond to the private message? 

Cheers,

Ryan. 

barryj
On our wavelength

I click on the private message envolope and reply tothe message you left