cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Hub 5 1gb customer

ToniK
Tuning in

Hi i am 1gb customer with hub 4 which is not suitable for 1gb due to its limiting 1gb ports which on a good day with the wind behind it can manage 900mb.... I have been trying to get a hub5 to take advantage of the 2.5gb port so I can actually use what I am paying for, and they will not give me one... I have called numerous amounts of times and get through to a call centre which is as much use as a chocolate tea pot. to say I am disappointed with the level of service... I have neighbours that as just signed up for 1gb and got a hub 5 straight out of the box. all they tell me is I need to wait for email invite well my 18mth contract ends in 2mths and I think I will be jumping ship as BT as just installed Fibre to the property in my aera. I have been with virgin for over 8 years and new customer can get the hub 5.... 

15 REPLIES 15

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

BT don't have 2.5gb ports either 

But will give me more option as I run Unfi UDM Pro with full enterprise network so I can go fibre to UDM Pro

@jb66 wrote:

2.5gbps is coming on a new ONT from BT in prep for service models post current 900mbps.

You don't need the BT Smarthub anyway, you can use your own router WAN port (which could be a 2.5gbps WAN) to BT's ONT.

zarf2007
Up to speed

virgin treat existing customers like dirt, their attitude is you have a hub4 its good enough for 1 gig even though it isnt. in the meantime old mary with 200mbps connection is given a hub5.....utter clowns, total lack of priority for their highest paying customers.....

if you have the option, leave them.

Raichu
On our wavelength

Retentions will get you a router within a few days when it comes time to cancel. 

>1gig Broadband - £30pcm via retentions.

@Raichu wrote:

Retentions will get you a router within a few days when it comes time to cancel. 

It didn't for me. They were unable to book one as system wouldn't let them, they could only make a note on the account which they said another team could review.

I'm fed up with the attitude though, it isn't my fault the hub4 can only do 930-940mbps at max to a gig ethernet port when the service is provisioned at 1.3gbps. Needs a HUB5 with a 2.5gbps WAN port to my router's 2.5gps port.

Clock ticking, this is making up my mind to jump ship to Netomnia when they do my road. I'm on the roll out. Let them carry on offering HUB5's to lower tier customers and new customers, despite their own press release saying exiting customers first and no extra charge. It's taken them a year to make the HUB5 an actual product no longer in trial!

@jb66 wrote:

BT don't need it either. With BT FTTP at these speeds, you can connect your own router's 2.5gbps WAN port to the ONT and use a PPOE sign on. It's that simple, you don't even need a BT smarthub. At the moment, BT/Openreach FTTP is circa 900mbps and fits within gigabit. but they are doing tests with new ONT's right now for 1.2gbps and 1.8gbps service offerings coming soon.

Can't do this with Virgin as they insists on their (crappy) HUB as you can't simply buy a DocSIS modem like in America.

Hi @unisoft, thanks for your post alhough I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised here.

At the moment, customers already on the 1GB package with a Hub 4 can't yet upgade to the Hub 5. As soon is this is the case, we will invite customer to do so please keep your eyes out for this in the future.

Many thanks

Tom_W

@Tom_W1 wrote:

Hi @unisoft, thanks for your post alhough I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised here.

At the moment, customers already on the 1GB package with a Hub 4 can't yet upgade to the Hub 5. As soon is this is the case, we will invite customer to do so please keep your eyes out for this in the future.

Many thanks

I am sorry but this is not good enough you are selling something your hardware you supply cannot achieve.... Then to top it off you bring out the hub 5 with 2.5gbp and offer to customer on 100 meg... You really cant make this up it is a joke