cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky movies on demand UHD

Oxo29
Dialled in

I'm not sure my package has been applied correctly. Installed 20th.

This app started to show this (4 boxes along top) just this morning and I received Netflix email.

How am I meant to look at sky on demand in uhd? I can see icon only when I go to channels tab but when I click on, it lists a number of films (can't say I'd watch any) but if I click on it comes up with upgrade package and then says can't upgrade this package.

I'd expect an icon under the app section.

While hear, what is price for sky uhd? Is it fixed £7? 

What about cinema in uhd as well?  

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Oxo29 

The info below is from the TV sub section towards the very bottom of the page on https://www.virginmedia.com/tv shows 

** Sky UHD: Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD requires a V6 or Virgin TV 360 box and a 4K compatible TV/device with HDCP 2.2. Up to 4x the clarity of standard HD content: based on comparison of HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) versus UHD (3840 x 2160 pixels).

£6 a month for customers with Maxit TV packages (Fullhouse/ Bigger Bundle/ Ultimate Oomph/ Ultimate Volt). 30 days’ notice required to remove Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD pick. Prices may increase at any time during the contract.

If you want Sky Sports in UHD then you also need to be subscribed to Sky Sports in HD. It's an additional £7 a month for Sky Sports in UHD, but if you take out Sky Sports in UHD and Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD then it's only an additional £11 a month.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks. That's good info - especially re combined.

I'm on ultimate Volt.  Should I have an app for sky on demand uhd?  

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Oxo29 

There isn't an app for Sky On Demand UHD. 

If you have the Sky UHD: Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD add on then you need to click on Box Sets & Movies in the navigation bar at the top of the screen.

Then click on Box Sets and scroll down the list of channel icons just below " Recently Added (view all)" and scroll across to Sky On Demand UHD

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Forgetting the fact that's a faff. Wonder if can move to left somehow, anyway..

Yes I see that. First is Chicago P.D. click on that and see screen with background pic of I presume Chicago P.D

The first tab is SUBSCRIBE, if (shouldn't need to) I click on that a pop up appears. Subscribe today blah. Hit continue. Sorry we're unable to upgrade this channel then a number to complete upgrade.  

Suppose I could call to see why I've not got it.  Might as well try the uhd combination upgrade at same time.

Wait, will get back re you saying if I have the uhd add on. Pretty sure my ultimate volt deal said on demand uhd - that's without uhd cinema and entertainment 

I don't seem to be able to edit.  

I've not got my print outs here but looked at a few screen shots when I was looking at what I got if I went ahead with Ultimate Volt.

Clearly says if you're a sky cinema subscriber with virgin media (I am) , you can find a selection of Ultra High Definition titles through Sky Cinema On Demand, available to watch on our Virgin TV V6 box or Virgin TV 360 box.

No mention of sub. Actually says just sky cinema subscriber.

Think probably irrelevant as I was always going to upgrade to sky sports UHD. So for a few quid (should be standard uhd now) I could combine cinema and then I'd get on demand anyway.

Hi, just to confirm - do you have Virgin Media with Sky On Demand UHD yourself, and if so, would you mind taking a photo of your TV showing the "Sky On Demand UHD" button placed under Box Sets & Movies > Recently Added (view all)?

I have looked through every inch of Box Sets & Movies (and every other part of the Virgin TV 360 interface) hundreds of times, and in may case at least I can guarantee there is no button, list, or category to be found that is called either "Sky On Demand", "Sky UHD", "Sky Ultra HD", or the like. 

The only way to access Sky UHD content that I know of is to navigate through all the confusing menus until you get to "Sky Cinema" (no UHD, or On Demand mentioned in the name for that section), and then go to "All", and there you will find 1002 movies. And once you get to that screen, you need to click on each movie to manually check whether it is offered in HD, UHD, or both. There is also no filtering function to easily find all the UHD movies from what I can tell, making it a really tedious and annoying process trying to find Sky Cinema movies that happen to be available in UHD....